Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Slow Ride

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SubEndSorcerer, Dec 28, 2004.

1. SubEndSorcerer

SubEndSorcerer

Nov 27, 2004
    Who was Foghat's bassist and what setup did he use on this tune? I'm listening to it right now and it's kickin my butt. :bassist:

2. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    It depends on what version you're listening to. The album version was originally on their Fool For the City album, and Nick Jameson was playing bass. If you're listening to the Foghat - Live version, Craig MacGregor is playing bass. I don't know all of Craig's equipment when they were doing the Live recordings, but the black block Fender Jazz will be forever etched in my mind. Foghat as a band had many different bassists over the years. You can check out www.foghat.com for more info. My favorite is still Just Wanna Make Love to You. The way my band does it now is I get to start with a bass solo and then I get to control the beginning of the song...very cool.

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Foghat was really a Blues-Rock band at that point in time. With "Fool For The City", they 'evolved'(?) into a funkier/more dance-oriented band. Similar to ZZ Top's 'evolution', both were more Rootsy in their earlier daze...more production heavy towards the latter daze.