small ampeg cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MCBTunes, Dec 22, 2005.

1. I've got an eden wt400, and unfortunatly no cabs. Now I basically have 3 relatively higher end choices local. Ampeg, Mesa, and Aguilar. Now I want a 2x10 to start, then i'll upgrade to an extrra 15 when the gig calls for it.

As far as those three are concerened. I've only plugged into the mesa so far and the sound was awsome. But it hit's the pocket book hard. Now, ampeg is in my price range. But the sensetivity ratings are very low(whereas mesa are unrated).

With my 400W head, how much louder will the mesa be over the ampeg. Considering the sensetivity rating. I need to be loud for the few watts htta I have. But price wise mesa is a little high.

Also, whast a good offer on a cab in a music store that is going for 550CAD, and do youusually buy from reps that have been there a long time or the new guys?

Thanks a lot guys
  2. 62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I don't know where Martensville is in relation to a Long and McQuade store, but if you can get to one, try out some of the new Yorkville Sound cabinets. You'll get a lot more for your money. They're made in Canada.

Mesa is great stuff but you do pay more for anything made in the USA.

As far as buying from new guys or guys that have been around longer, I've pretty much given up on finding any saleman in a music store that knows much about bass gear. I go for the reputation of the store and make up my own mind on how good something is. Ignore the sales hype (and most bass gear magazine reviews).

L and M is a reputable store.
  3. long and mcquade is only about 15 minutes from me. In Saskatoon. The reason I dont really want to go Yorkville is because I'm shoving out cash for a wt400 I don't want to (feel wrong saying this) kill my tone.