1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Small Combo w/External Speaker Jack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BJMtz, Mar 24, 2014.

1. BJMtz

BJMtz

Oct 18, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm interested in getting a small combo for home practice so I don't have to set up my rig every time I want to play. The kicker is I would like it to have an external speaker jack that way I have the option to use it in a pinch in case my head goes down for some reason. Normally my band doesn't use PA other than for vocals so I never go into it. I know a combo into my 410 wouldn't be very loud but any sound has to be better than no sound right?

2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

3. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    here is another intriguing option. Ibanez Promethian 1x10 300w, has a ext speaker out. I demo'd one of these some time ago and was pleasantly surprised for what it is. Definitely could gig with it thru a bigger cab.
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAP3110

good luck

4. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

I have the MarkBass CMD 121P 12" combo. Kicks the A** of every other 12" combo out there and most 15s. It is tiny, light and crazy loud enough for nearly any indoor club gig. The amp can put out 500W into 4 Ohms, so pairing with your 8 Ohm 4x10 would be killer. For outdoors and loud gigs I use mine with a Schroeder cab with 2x 12s, and the total stack of 3 x 12s with 500W will blow you away and they weigh only 30 lbs each and fit in my car trunk.