Smoke gets in your eyes! :-(

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Rapisme, May 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. flatwound62p

flatwound62p

Apr 24, 2017
    Australia
    Virtuoso Guitar Polish does a great job polishing AND smells like bubblegum. Absolutely kills cigarette smells and the bubblegum scent takes over whatever pong might exist in a guitar case.
    Only downside is the very distracting urge to lick my bass.
    About Us - The Virtuoso Group, Inc.

Pilgrim likes this.
  2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Fair enough. I thought my point was both relevant and fair, but at least you (and I respect your viewpoint) disagree. I'll think about the relevance of my contributions to threads like this one.

charlie monroe likes this.
  3. glocke1

glocke1 Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2002
    PA
    Frankly I'd be pissed if I bought a piece of gear that smelled like smoke and the buyer didn't disclose it or at least disclose it spent time in smoky places.

Doesn't matter if it can be gotten rid of, it's still time I have to put in to get rid of the smell.

If something smelled like smoke it would have to be a heck of a deal for me to want to buy it.

ppiluk likes this.

4. Five or six years ago a drunk puked on my bass case. On my birthday. I was drunk too.

Nothing like washing mystery vomit off a case the next day with a hangover.

5. Cigarette smoke has never been a deterrent in a sale for me. No I do not smoke, but I’ve spent many hours in clubs with smoking. It’s just attached to the club scene.

Airing out a piece of equipment will get the smell out every time in less than a week. It costs nothing to fix so I see it as a non issue. But I’m absolutely behind sellers discounting it for me! Lol such and easy fix.

Rapisme likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021