1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So… watches?

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by adamlunt, Apr 20, 2015.

1. adamlunt

adamlunt

Oct 18, 2012
    Birmingham, UK
    You're a man of basses and automobiles I guess.

So, are you into your timepieces? I'm personally using a Hamilton Jazzmaster as it ties in with my stage attire quite nicely. What are you sporting these days?

2. adamlunt

adamlunt

Oct 18, 2012
    Birmingham, UK
    Also, any of you other guys got anything going on wrist-wise?

3. DanAleks

DanAleks Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Mar 5, 2009
    I haven't worn a watch in years.
    When I played drums, the weight on one wrist felt strange.

47th Street likes this.
  4. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    I have a vintage Seiko, it's pretty cool. Can't wear it when I play it would get smashed pretty quicly.

47th Street likes this.
  5. ETThompson

ETThompson

Jan 3, 2011
    I wear an iPhone in my pocket.

6. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I never wear any jewelry while playing.

47th Street and SamJ like this.
  7. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
    I sport a daily Rolex stainless GMT and have two Audemars Piguet's in the safety deposit box..

Always take them off when playing... too much risk of harm to both bass and watch!

47th Street likes this.
  8. pnchad

pnchad

Nov 3, 2005
    I'm addicted to watches & high end basses - at least I was - got many of my dreams & stopped

Probably 10 good watches - I don't buy fancy jewelry types but sturdy fine movement types - been wearing a Glycine Combat or Airman Double 24 GMT lately

My limit is about $3k

9. MattZilla

MattZilla

Jun 26, 2013
    CNY
    I just saw a single-arm watch that I'm quite interested in. I have a "titanium quartz" that I have to wear around certain family members around the holidays, most of the time I only wear a Samsung Galaxy in my pocket. My first chronometer was a mean early 2k's Nokia fixed-antenna half-brick.

10. BazzTard

BazzTard Banned

my camera that makes calls also has a built in clock

vegas532, SamJ and 47th Street like this.
  11. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung They’s only two things that money can’t buy... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    I haven't worn a watch while playing since high school. I wear a watch to work. It's the very first thing I shed when I walk through the door. I've become accustomed to wearing two 'rubber' bands around my right wrist. They read : "Love Conquers Hate" with an 'Equal' sign on them. One to wear, one to give the anyone (friend or potential friend) who notices, and wants to start the conversation...'cuz 'merica, that's why!

GregC likes this.
  12. I just Googled that. Good looking watch!!

13. One of these:

41bAQKYagSL.

14. pnchad

pnchad

Nov 3, 2005
    Oris watches had a 'Jazz Collection" including a Miles Davis model -quite nice classy - always wanted one

15. Unfinely Tuned

Unfinely Tuned

May 11, 2012
    New Jersey
    I wear a few watches and regularly wear a Tag Heuer Formula 1 and a Bulova. My very special watch that I wear occasionally is a 1969 Omega Speed Master 'Moon Watch' that was handed down to me. I have to be careful with it, because it has apparently been worn on the moon but is not waterproof.

47th Street likes this.
  16. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung They’s only two things that money can’t buy... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    That's about my limit for a new truck! ;)

Moosehead1966 likes this.
  17. RJHall

RJHall

Dec 25, 2012
    New York City
    Apple Watch... soon (wife works there).

38mm version interferes least with my playing. And I have dainty wrists.

18. pnchad

pnchad

Nov 3, 2005
    That's what I paid for my van too. Not rich either just a sucker for timepieces. If it has a battery I'm not interested -only mechanical. I think they're some of the neatest things every made by hand.

vegas532 and 47th Street like this.
  19. I never wear anything but a loincloth.

I've been eyeballing a Mr. T starter set on ebay however.