So the really hot girl starts dancing on the table...

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, May 8, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    ...shakes up a bottle of champagne, and sprays it all over me and my new Bongo.
  2. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    at least she was hot
  3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    After the way I felt when that happened I realized I now have to come to accept that I am a complete and total bass geek, no holes barred. And getting old too, I think. Years ago I'd have loved it. All I did after that was obsess about the champagne getting into the electronics, having to spend $25 on new strings for next weeks gig, wondering if alcohol would do the trick... thankfully I'm a good actor and nobody but my girl and bandmates knew what was going on in my head.
  4. Sprudellio

Oct 16, 2002
    That was definately a set-up by the evil anti-bongo conspiracy.
  5. amused2KAOS

Apr 22, 2005
    if she was ugly you could have beat the **** out of her then tell whoever runs the place you thought it was a guy.
  6. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Did she apologize afterwards? I'm guessing not.
  7. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Pics! Clips!

(Hot is good no matter how you slice it!)

p.s. Hope the Bongo is o.k.
  8. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Oh man, are they related to the Illumanti in anyway?

9. After I killed her, i would laugh for the rest of the night. That maybe the funiest thing i have heard in a while.
  10. gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    ya, hit her with the bongo and explain how you the champaine made it slip out of your hands.

REALLY hot girls get away with stupid stuff like this because they are really hot and its wrong. If a dude did that, he'd get his jaw broken, if a fat chick did it, she be belittled to the point of suicide, but a hot chick would just be smiled at.

Your part of the problem man !!!
  11. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    hot girls get away with it because they dont get told the truth until
    the age of 25-28 , hence the confusion.
  12. The first rule of anti-bongo conspiracy is that we do not speak of anti-bongo conspiracy. The champagne was but a warning shot, Mr. Nerve. :p
  13. hey, at least it wasn't a good bass :p :smug:

Let us know how the electronics are doing, we care.

I am glad you dealt with it in a professional manner.

Cheers to that.
  14. amused2KAOS

Apr 22, 2005

DAMN THE A-BC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Something like this happened to me.

We were practicing in my bandmates appartment. The appartment is in a duplex next to a larger complex, but generally, not that many people are near by other then that complex.

Well, this night a random girl walks into the appartment. No knocking or anything. She's drunk, has a beer in her hand and is looking for more beer. Come to find out, she's just randomly walking around from the larger complex and hear us practicing. She's pretty good looking though and stunk of being easy. Both of which got most my band's attention...

She requests "Freebird" (remember, we're practicing... this isn't a show). We tell her no. She request "Magic Carpet Ride", then requests a Weezer song. We finally do "Say it Ain't So" so she'll leave us alone and we can practice.

Mid song, she decides it's a good idea for her to rest her beer on my amp. Well... if you pay attention to my posts, you know I have a vintage Kustom Tuck n' Roll. Not the most level thing in the world with the bumpy vinyl and all. So between that and the thumping bass, the beer spills. I get slightly upset and she offers to buy me new socks.

That's right ladies and gentlemen... She spills beer on my 60's era amp and thinks I'm pissed about the beer I stepped into...

I almost slapped the taste out of her mouth...

btw, the Amp is fine and I washed the socks.
  16. Steve

Aug 10, 2001

You say that like it's a bad thing.......
  17. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    pics or it didnt happen.

18. That's rough there. We had problems with my bass spilling everyone's drinks too, so now we have a strict "no drinks on the equipment" policy. :) Doesn't seem like a big deal, but its just convenient to have my drink nearby when we practice so I don't have to jump over cords and things to get to it. The best solution I've found is one of those coffee cups that you can buy for your car. They either have some padding, like a bean bag or something, on the bottom, or the base is just super wide so it wont tip over.
  19. I like the punching the **** out of her then grabbing her hair and saying, "it's a man, baby!"