Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Software help

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Vorago, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I'm looking for a free program (please no trials without save options) that I can use to program II-V-I changes. I'm learning how to play walking bass, and II-V-I seems like a nice starting point. However, I need some chords to play walking on, preferably guitar or piano.

Cheers

2. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    How about Audacity? Record yourself playing a ii-V-I progression (bass chording or using another instrument you've got available), trim the ends of the file so that it's the right length (eg. 8s for a 4 bar snippet at 120bpm) and hold down the shift key before clicking on the play button. That puts it into loop mode, where it will happily cycle round all day.

It's not the same as programming the changes but is completely free and may be a quicker, easier solution if you don't really want to climb that particular learning curve.

Wulf

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    JMX, if you didn't live in Germany, I'd kiss you :) :D

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    btw, is it possible to make an audiofile out of your transcription?

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    In Finale 2006 it's File -> save special -> save as audio file

Maybe it's the same in Notepad