Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Software to Play my Bass with

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by EmbraceThePengu, Jan 18, 2004.

1. EmbraceThePengu

EmbraceThePengu

Jan 18, 2004
    Hello All,

I'm getting a new bass (After not haveing played one since High School [Now in my 30's]) and I want to do things right this time. I was wanting to get some software for my Computer (Eather Windows XP or Linux) where I could plug my Bass into the sound card and use the computer to help me keep a beat. Not really like a drum machine, but something that I can program to assist me with a beat. Also, something that I can use to tune my guitar.

Also, if there are any "Computer Instructors" out there, that would be helpfull.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

I also have a wife and kids that I would like to spare the torcher (sp?) of hearing my beginning sounds, so I will be using headphones initially (Also, lack of funds have left me without an amp).

I appreciate any information!!!

Thanks

Joe
    (Embrace The Penguin)

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. EmbraceThePengu

EmbraceThePengu

Jan 18, 2004
    COOL.. I got that Hammerhead software and it ROCKS...

VERY Nice. This will help out alot.

Thanks !!!!!

Joe

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  5. EmbraceThePengu

EmbraceThePengu

Jan 18, 2004
    Thanks again... Great sites. I like the Dave's Five-String Bass Resource Page (Seeing that Im getting a 5 string :p). Lots of good stuff here for the noob!!!

Thanks for the resources!!!

Joe