1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD SOLD: 2012 Fender Custom Shop Precision Bass Pro (NOS)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lavaman67, Sep 13, 2015.

1. lavaman67

lavaman67 Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Price:
    $2250
    Strings:
    Custom Shop 2012 Precision Bass Pro (NOS):

NO TRADES! I am looking for an outright sale only. Thanks.

I am the 2nd owner of this bass and have owned it for about 2.5 years. I am selling because it’s not getting the playing time it deserves due to my job. It’s in great shape. The only thing that is noticeable is a small chip that came off when I had the bass recently set up. My bass tech took off the neck to adjust the trust rod and some of the paint came with it. It wasn’t his fault. He’s the best tech I’ve ever had. Just happened. Anyway, it can be repaired or left as is, giving the bass a little more character. It certainly doesn’t change the way the bass plays or sounds. I have brand new DR Sunbeams 45-105 on it right now and it sings. In addition, I had a series parallel switch professionally installed and I have the original volume pot which I will also include in the sale. Nice little feature. It’s a great bass and very versatile.

I have to acknowledge that several people have contacted me over the past two years about this bass here on TB. I deleted a lot of my mail over the years and I don’t have your names anymore. I’m really sorry about that. If you can produce the email you sent me, then I will give those members first shot, but money talks. Trying to stick to my word, and deleting all of those emails was a mistake. I also have the original shop rider for the bass. If you would like to see it, I can send you the PDF.

NO TRADES- Outright sale only, $2400, $2350, $2300,$2250 SOLD!
    IMG_4892_zpsg9sdmeem.
    IMG_4866_zpssx4tpjkk.
    IMG_4957_zpslirrd3go.
    IMG_4955_zpsdy05al2g.
    IMG_4951_zpsnhcjenik.
    IMG_4942_zpsovitm135.
    IMG_4928_zps08o9emxm.
    IMG_4911_zpst5osgyuh.
    IMG_4957_zpslirrd3go.
    IMG_4971_zpsoji0ts7v.

More Pics :
    12 Fender Custom Shop Precision Bass Pro Story by Cactusk722 | Photobucket

Here is the Fender video for the bass:

Here’s a little more on the Fender Custom Shop 2012 Precision Bass Pro from Sweetwater:

It gives you the epic low-end dominance the P-Bass is known for, with a distinctive "New Old Stock" wear treatment that makes you feel like you just discovered a forgotten treasure. All the standard Precision Bass features are here in the 2012 Closet Classic Precision Bass Pro: a hand-selected premium alder body, and an ultra-rigid quartersawn maple neck with a 1960 "U" shape topped with a bound rosewood fretboard. From the classic P/J bass pickups to the Olympic White lacquer finish, the Fender Custom Shop 2012 Closet Classic Precision Bass Pro oozes classic tone and looks. The Closet Classic P-Bass is made with the impeccable attention to detail Fender's Custom Shop is known for, right down to the best materials like the quartersawn maple neck and the hand-selected alder body. The Pro sports a P-Bass pickup as well as a J-Bass pickup in the 1970's position. Why a J-Bass pickup? The J-Bass pickup has a livelier, fuller range response than the P-Bass pickup. It can sound round and full, or you can make it snap and pop when the funk strikes you.

Fender Custom Shop 2012 Closet Classic Precision Bass Pro Features:

• Iconic tone and feel of the classic P-Bass with the versatility of P-Bass and J-Bass pickups
    • Color: Olympic White, Nitro Finish, N.O.S. (New Old Stock), as if you bought it new—in the 1960’s. Models from the past that have survived to the present day looking brand new. An all-lacquer finish that looks as if it hasn’t aged at all—as if you went back in time and bought it.
    • NOS Classic finish makes you feel like you're playing an original treasure from the 1960s
    • '66 Jazz Neck (Bound with Blocks; 1.5 inch nut)
    • Maple neck is quartersawn for maximum rigidity - more stability, and fatter tone!
    • J-Bass pickup in the 1970s position for flexible tone you can shape for any musical style
    • Lollipop Tuners
    • Badass III Bridge
    • 9 Pounds on My Digital Scale
    • Custom Shop hardshell case and COA included

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  2. bearsdad1

bearsdad1 Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2008
    These basses are terrific. Sure wish I could find my old sunburst one I sold you!

lavaman67 likes this.
  3. lavaman67

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Yeah, I tried some detective work for you, but I guess it didn't help. Sorry you couldn't track it down.

4. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    My dream bass, really. You coming up to Canada by any chance ???????

lavaman67 likes this.
  5. lavaman67

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Sorry, but not making my way that far North!

6. lavaman67

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    For sale only. No trades. Getting a lot of trade offers. Please read the thread. Thanks.

7. Douglass

Douglass Electric & Upright near Washington DC

Nov 16, 2007
    Falls Church, Virginia
    ash or alder? (description says both...)

8. lavaman67

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Alder body. Sorry. Change made.

9. lavaman67

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Bump! This Custom Shop Monster needs a new home!!

10. davidchampoux

davidchampoux Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Quebec, Canada
    That's my previous bass, I was the first owner... TERRIFIC bass!! Buy it now, you won't regret!!

lavaman67 likes this.
  11. lavaman67

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Thanks David! Already having second thoughts.

davidchampoux likes this.
  12. davidchampoux

davidchampoux Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Quebec, Canada
    Yeah, well, me too!!! If I didn't have that bad GAS on a Ken Smith at the moment AND another Fender Custom Shop on order, I would seriously consider re-buying it from you ...

13. SilGarzaJr

SilGarzaJr SilGarzaJr

Mar 28, 2012
    North Texas
    My OCD is kicking in today... the G string is set in the wrong saddle groove (last pic). Looks funny.

FWIW - Sure wish this was a 3TSB... I'd be all over it.
    GLWTS

sg

14. lavaman67

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Ha! I saw that too, and it's already back in the right groove. I actually sold a 3TSB to buy this one, sg! I've never been a big fan of the SB. Way too many around, IMHO.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    davidchampoux likes this.
  15. SilGarzaJr

SilGarzaJr SilGarzaJr

Mar 28, 2012
    North Texas
    Ironically, I was not a big fan in my youth, but now feel I should pay homage to the classic. I figure the CS precision pro hits the mark for me.

16. lavaman67

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Football Sunday Bump! You need this bass!

17. cambio2

cambio2 Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2003
    colorado
    weight? thanks

18. lavaman67

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    9 lbs

19. cambio2

cambio2 Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2003
    colorado
    which pot has the series switch on it? Is it a push/pull pot? Any additional routing done for this mod? thanks

20. lavaman67

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    The Precision pot has the mod. It's a pull switch, and no additional routing was needed.