1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Some questions about a Warwick Corvette STD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassman12593, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Bassman12593

Bassman12593

May 22, 2007
    Jericho, NY
    Hi, I just purchased a used Warwick Corvette STD 5-string. I'm only 15 so this is really my first *good* bass. I was a little confused about the two-way electronics. Are they still on after you unplug or do you have to switch to passive to turn them off? Is there anything else I should know about this bass? Thanks in advance.

2. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Usually, in an active bass, the stereo jack acts as a switch so that the preamp is turned off when the bass is unplugged.

The most important thing to understand here is that no pics=no bass :p

3. Bassman12593

Bassman12593

May 22, 2007
    Jericho, NY
  4. Nice grain. Be sure you wax it weekly.

5. Weekly is a bit much. Usually Warwick recommends once a month waxing, though I know people have gone a lot longer than that between waxings.

6. GabeN

GabeN

Feb 27, 2006
    Chugiak, AK
    Corvette's are great. I recently re-fell in love with mine. It's the passive 4 string one and I'm thinking about putting a preamp in it. How does the 5er sound with the onboard pre?

7. Bassman12593

Bassman12593

May 22, 2007
    Jericho, NY
    The preamp adds a ton more versatility. I keep it off for jazz and more mellow types of music but for rock and funk, it really allows the bass to stand out. What type of wax should I be using? I also read about oiling but there was no mention of what type of oil to use. I'm also considering getting a hard case for it. You guys know any good cases that fit the body shape?

8. GabeN

GabeN

Feb 27, 2006
    Chugiak, AK
    It should have come with a sort of folder with your owner's manual, a truss rod tool, a couple allen wrenches, a warwick rag, a registration card and some other swag. You should use the warwick supplied wax or just regular bees wax to wax the body.

9. Bassman12593

Bassman12593

May 22, 2007
    Jericho, NY
    I bought it used so all I got was the bass.

10. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Unplugging the cord shuts off the power to the preamp. You have a very nice bass there, you'll never need another. Of course, you will *want* another, but that's another story...

11. Bassman12593

Bassman12593

May 22, 2007
    Jericho, NY
    Thanks guys

12. i_g55

i_g55

May 26, 2005
    istanbul
    I used to own one of these (a 4 stringer one). Got it secondhand and without the original Warwick wax. I used lemon oil (once a month) instead. Worked perfectly...