Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Something is wrong with the connection

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by soedic, Sep 25, 2005.

1. soedic

soedic

Sep 25, 2005
    Hi!
    My old bass has always worked perfectly, until now. Suddenly when I was playing the connection between the bass and the amp stopped working. I cant get any sound at all. I know its something wrong with the bass because the amp works on other basses. I also know that the problem is the connection between the wire and the place were you plug in the wire to the bass. (sorry dont know the correct terms on english :( ). My question is this. Is it okey to open up the bass with a skrewdriver and just have a look or should I leave it to someone who really knows what he is doing. I would rather do it myself cause its an old bass and i dont know if i want to spend alot of money on it. I also got a feeling that this isn't a huge problem. So should I open up the bass and look myself? and how do i go on about it?

2. If you have some idea what you're doing, and you can solder, give it a try. You may have a loose wire that needs soldering.

Of course, its a lot easier to find a dangling wire than finding out where it used to be connected to.... If you're not good with this stuff, take it into the shop.

Randy