1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SONAR 4 and PreSonus Firepod?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Incubus, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Incubus

Incubus

Mar 28, 2005
    NY,NY
    Hello fellow bass-talkers. I am thinking of purchasing a PreSonus firepod. I am now using an M-Audio 1814 and it is just not what I was looking for. I use SONAR 4 (producer's ed.) to mix and edit my recordings. I just wanted opinions from TalkBass people on how SONAR and a Firepod work together. I don't trust the SONAR forums at all. Thanks in advance! Has anyone else used this set-up? Do you think it works well?

2. It works fine, the little I've done. There is a trick though. You have to open Sonar, set the default bit rate / sample rate for new projects to what you intend to use, shut down Sonar. Open the firepod control panel, set it to that bit rate / sample rate, then open Sonar again and have at it.

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    the E-Mu sounds cards are the same way. Tricky until you figure it out.

4. lefty

lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    i have this setup and love it! this is my first recording setup and i do fine with it. (and i`m a computer idiot!)