Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SONAR 4 and PreSonus Firepod?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Incubus, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Incubus

Incubus

Mar 28, 2005
    NY,NY
    Hello fellow bass-talkers. I am thinking of purchasing a PreSonus firepod. I am now using an M-Audio 1814 and it is just not what I was looking for. I use SONAR 4 (producer's ed.) to mix and edit my recordings. I just wanted opinions from TalkBass people on how SONAR and a Firepod work together. I don't trust the SONAR forums at all. Thanks in advance! Has anyone else used this set-up? Do you think it works well?

2. It works fine, the little I've done. There is a trick though. You have to open Sonar, set the default bit rate / sample rate for new projects to what you intend to use, shut down Sonar. Open the firepod control panel, set it to that bit rate / sample rate, then open Sonar again and have at it.

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    the E-Mu sounds cards are the same way. Tricky until you figure it out.

4. lefty

lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    i have this setup and love it! this is my first recording setup and i do fine with it. (and i`m a computer idiot!)