SOLD Sonic Farm 2DI4 Tube Preamp/DI

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by scubaduba, Jan 25, 2023.

1. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Price:
    United States
    I am interested in a sale or possibly trade involving this stellar Sonic Farm 2DI4 for one of the following:

• Kern IP-777
    • Read Purity
    • Summit Audio MPC-100A
    • Universal Audio UA LA-610 MKII
    • Maybe something else that I haven't tried yet

The 2DI4 is simply one of my favorite pieces of gear — period. To some degree, I am on the fence about this but this is mostly about trying another tube DI/preamp that I have not yet had the pleasure of experiencing.

The Sonic Farm team really knows how to push the envelope and forge a new path. There is nothing like this on the market. Using an EF86 that can switch the use of the tube triode and pentode is crazy cool and brings on two distinct personalities.

I don’t think anyone would be disappointed with the 2DI4. So cool. So many unique features not found on anything else on the market.

From silky smooth to huge, punchy, hot sock-you-in-the-gut.

Pretty small and light weight for a lunch box style preamp/DI. Ferrari red paint job is pretty sweet too.

In excellent condition.

These threads are good reading.

Sonic Farm 2di4

Sonic Farm Je-DI Pentode Tube direct box....

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

sf.png

AF24901A-A3A7-4AEE-94DA-973A20A1CA53.jpeg

9080C776-D65B-4B80-BD52-9D12ACBF274B.jpeg

$625 shipped CONUS

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    kranahan, rhyharmel and Dee-man like this.
  2. Viggo51

Viggo51 Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Portland Oregon
    Don’t do it! Haha. I love mine, just ordered a NOS Mullard EF86 as I’m taking it into the studio next month. My favorite piece gear for sure! 90D54AA9-7C15-4E9A-8273-EADCF7A00101.jpeg

3. somaramos

somaramos Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2014
    PM

4. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    I remember this fondly from the Bass Guitar Tube DI shootout - certainly one of my favorites and super rare, somebody pick this up!