1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sonic Stomp...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrainOfJA, Jul 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hey all,

When I used to gig regularly, I had one of the old rack mount Sonic Maximizers in my amp rack. LOVED IT! Well, as time went on, I ended up selling it, and when the old band got back together, they couldn't believe it.

I've got an opportunity to pick up a Sonic Stomp from a pal, but since I got the Ampeg SCR last year, I REALLY like the sound that I get. My question is, would adding the Sonic Stomp pedal really do any good adding it into the chain, and if so, where should I drop it in the chain? At the end after the SCR or before it or even in the effects loop on the amp? Or should I just save my $50 and not bother getting it at all?

Thanks!

2. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    The sonic maximizer has a cult following. In essence, it is just a mid scooping device.

If you like it, great. I would pass.

3. boomertech

boomertech Frank Appleton Supporting Member Commercial User

Apr 8, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Designer/Owner of FEA Labs
    The rack mount Sonic Maximizer is more than just an EQ. It is basically an x-over that has an expander function on the high-band side.

The Sonic Stomp schematics that I have seen, show this pedal as just an x-over with level controls for the high and low bands. So, it is quite different from its rack mount brothers. Save your cash.

-Frank