1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  


Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by thmabes, Jul 20, 2007.

  1. thmabes


    May 4, 2006
    alright, i have a soundboard, its a BOSS ME-50B.
    i am wondering if i can record things through my soundboard when its hooked up to my computer without the use of an amp. and if so how do i do this? and what program should i use etc. thanks.
  2. yes you can - get a midi/usb converter that should hook up from the unit to the converter to your computer.
    btw, generally these things are called effects processors or multi-effects units

    theres tons of different software programs - I use audacity (free). If you wanna pay and get really good quality stuff, look at protools.
  3. good advice but maybe not worded correctly...

    yeah, as coolrunner said the thing you call a soundboard is a multi fx unit etc when you said soundboard my first thoughts were that you meant soundcard!

    which brings me onto... you need a soundcard, or an A/D converter (analogue digital). you can plug it straight into your comps line in but quality will be shocking. you can get a usb soundcard for very little $, and as coolrunner says most have midi outs on too so you could controll the pedal from a piece of software as well.

    as for software, audacity is good for what you are doing. I would not advise pro tools for just having fun. In fact I would only advise pro tools for a pro-studio! if you want more options and a more 'pro' package (though that is a subjective statement) then look at cubase, logic, sonar etc, they all do the same at the end of the day. and i think you can get cheap cut down versions of all of them!

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.