1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Source Audio Envelope Filter HUM/NOISE

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by elykoko, Jun 8, 2012.

1. elykoko

elykoko

Feb 11, 2009
    My Source Audio Bass Envelope Filter Pro pedal gets a lot of noise, even when bypassed (its not true bypass), especially with the hot hand receiver is plugged in

From what I have read from the some threads that it's power related. My current set up is I'm using one power adaptor daisy chaining 5 pedals.. This usually works fine with my pedals but not until I bought the Envelope Filter..

Anyone have the same problem and/or have a solution to this?
    My lack of electronic knowledge doesnt help.. haha :rollno:

Thanks in advanced!

2. DiscoFreq

DiscoFreq

Jun 13, 2005
    Belgium
    If you make the sum of the power consumption of all pedals (maybe you can find those in the manuals or online) it's probably more than what your adapter produces (which is probably 1000mA or less?)

Digital pedals (like this one) usually need more power than analog pedals, so you'll have to use a 2nd adapter or buy a decent power supply (Voodoo Lab Pedal Power / T-Rex Fuel Tank / ...) to power them all.

3. Skrogh

Skrogh

Jan 28, 2010
    Denmark
    Does it work hum-free with the provided SA power adapter?

4. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    I also suspect that there may be too much current draw on the power supply. The fact that it gets worse when the HH receiver is plugged in suggests the same issue.

I would try to put the BEF Pro on a separate supply and see what that does. As noted, these are digital pedals, and all digital pedals consume 100+ mA.

5. elykoko

elykoko

Feb 11, 2009
    I've got 1100,

I would use the power supply that it came with, but its 120V, my country is 240 haha,

so i gta find another supply i guess? :)

Thanks for the help guys!