1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sovtek MIG-50

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CJ_Horror, May 17, 2011.

1. CJ_Horror

CJ_Horror

Aug 6, 2010
    There's some info out there on this amp for bass but I want to get some perspectives anyway because I'm in the position to pick one up for peanuts.

I am recording in the studio soon and wanting to know if anyone knows how this would go. I use effects heavily (Boss ODB-3 and MXR Flanger) and play through a 4x10 and 1x15. Not sure just how much headroom one of these would have, but I'm thinking for studio use it would be alright. I don't mind overdriving it either. For just over $100 I reckon it would be worth it.

Any opinions would be useful.

2. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    A good deal at 100 bucks but it's still just 50 watts. I've played bass through a friends MIG50 through an Avatar B410 NEO I owned and there was just no headroom. 50 watts just isn't enough power. MIG50 is very much like a 50 watt Marshall, breaks up nicely for guitar but sounds not so good for bass.

However there's a lot of guitarists out there who would easily pay 250 to 300 for a MIG50. I'd buy it and turn it for a profit.

3. Hi.

One hell of a deal for $100 if You ask me.

Snag it and sell it if it doesn't do it for You.

Regards
    Sam