1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sozo guitars?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rapturebass, Mar 21, 2009.

1. rapturebass

rapturebass

Dec 6, 2008
    Connecticut
  2. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
  3. LlymboKO

LlymboKO

Aug 22, 2006
    One of the bands my band gigged with had A Sozo ZLZR Guitar. It was pretty sweet. The video's on Youtube are pretty impressive. They have good tone. I don't know about their basses, but they spark my interest if they are anything like the guitars.

4. 7sevens

7sevens

Apr 8, 2011
    Met Glenn Drennin of Fire Flight a few years ago, he was playing a couple if Sozo's. He let me play around with the two for a while and I was very impressed, enough to purchase a few. I have yet to play one that doesn't floor me. The playability, tone, looks, and prices are second to none. My wife bought me an American Custom model for my birthday two years ago now. For 23 years I searched for the perfect guitar and I now own it. My vintage Les Paul just sits in it's case now and the a Paul Read Smith can't compare! Everyone that plays it sings it's praises. If you want a great guitar get a Z7...if you want the best playing most pure sounding electric you can find...get the American Custom.
    As far as basses I have less experience but after the 10 Sozo guitars that I've played, I can't imagine being disapointed.

5. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Get me a 6-string version of the ZB, and I'll buy one in a heartbeat.

zbbkf_full.

OMG, and bonus points because they utilize the alpha channel of a .png and give the picture a transparent background.

6. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    The manufacturer's home office is just a few miles away from my house. I happened to stop by there today and got a sneak preview of some of the new basses they're releasing.

The new designs are quite different from the Z series (which I think are not being brought back this year). I saw three completely different models, two had a very "custom-shop-bass" kind of vibe, with burl tops and ash bodies with multi lam set necks. The other was sort of a T-Bird/Jaguar mash-up. The pricing should be pretty competitive, I won't repeat what I was told since they have not officially released any info at all for these instruments.

They wouldn't let me take any pics but said they'd email me some of the promotional images that I can "leak" here very soon.

These are made overseas but with a high level of quality control that is obvious to the person holding the instrument. I think these new models will have some appeal with the TB community.