1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spacey Delay or Other Effect Options

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Astronaut Don, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Astronaut Don

Astronaut Don

Feb 7, 2013
    Denver
    My band has been doing a lot of spacey/ psychedelic soundscapes to segway into our next song during our live shows lately. I want to add a delay or something to the mix. I do usually prefer analog pedals but not opposed to something digital. My current chain is Future Impact Synth>3Leaf Groove Regulator Envelope Filter>Analog Alien Bass Station Fuzz/ Compressor>Boss OC-2 Octave>Boss Flanger>Volume Pedal. I was thinking of trying out the Dunlop Echoplex Analog Delay. What other pedals should I look into trying? I couldn't find a thread on this sooo not sorry = P

cosmicevan likes this.
  2. Jakeman

Jakeman Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    In my old psychedelic band I used to use the TC Flashback 2 and Hall of Fame 2 for spacey stuff. So many options and a lot of tweakability. Digital, obviously, but I prefer digital delays and reverbs. Easy to find and try out and nice on the wallet. Remember to put your volume pedal before the delay for swells and stuff.

3. There are a lot of amazing delay and reverb pedals today and two of my favorites are the Ibanez Echo Shiifter and the DOD Rubberneck Analog Delay. Both can get very spacey and psychedelic sounds but I have not used them on bass just on keys and while mixing on the effects bus but they both do effects not generally possible with other pedals.

4. Astronaut Don

Astronaut Don

Feb 7, 2013
    Denver
    Awesome! I will take a look at these. Bump IT Up Anyone Else?

5. Dont forget the Boss Space Echo. Here it is direct. The lack of bass is due to the Tech21 Tri-Ac on British mode, not the Re-20 Space Echo:

This was the first thing I did with bass, drum machine, and synth over 6 years ago. Lots of RE-20 Space Echo there as well(after I remember to turn it on at 17secs)