Speaking of the Eden WT-405

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NJBassist, Feb 17, 2010.

1. NJBassist

NJBassist

Sep 15, 2009
    Speaking of the Eden WT-405, has anyone run this amp at less than 4 ohms in a live band setting ? I "almost" combined a 4 ohm and an 8 ohm cabinet last week but decided not to try it at 2.7 ohms, even though the literature states 2 ohm min. How about anyone else?

2. I used to run a WT550 at 2 ohms daily... Seems like they aren't lying, but is is a different power section after all so who knows.

3. I run my WT800C at 4ohm on the bridge and 4ohm on both sides. It will handle the 2ohm all day long.

If the techs say it will handle the 2ohm believe it. You might go to eden-electronics.com/forum and ask the same question. There are loads of folks that will help.

4. I've run mine at 2.67 ohms a couple of times (for a while each time) and it's still kicking along today.

I say go for it :D

5. staccatogrowl

staccatogrowl Savoring a spinning, shimmery aquasphere Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2006
    It's typical for me to run my 405 Time Traveler at 2.67 or 2ohms with trouble-free chocolicious thunder. . . ah, yes . . . feel the bass . . . It's either a 210xst 4ohm + 210xlt 8ohm; or 210xst 4ohm + 212xlt 4ohm . . . 210xst sits on the bottom, providing foundation, literally and figuratively in both cases . . .

6. NJBassist

NJBassist

Sep 15, 2009
    "trouble-free chocolicious thunder".......

Love it! Thanks for your responses!

7. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    My WT405 is always used at 2ohms with never any issues.
    It's been going strong for 2+ years, 2-3 times a week like this.

Best amp Eden makes IMO.

8. MrRumble

MrRumble

Aug 8, 2006
    Plymouth, MN
    Have run mine at 2ohms all night long.
    I'm now running into a 4ohm Berg NV610 and it's still loud as hell.
    Rattled a beer pitcher right off the table.

9. I ran my CXC-110(WT-330+1x10)combo w/an 8 ohm CX-110(1x10 extension cab)& an 8 ohm Avatar CB-112, making for a 2.66 or w/e load. No problems playing 3 or 4 20 minute gospel sets per Sunday+a couple hours practice weekly. I miss that rig like my innocence...

10. Smu573

Smu573

Dec 6, 2002
    U.S.A. Chicago Il.
    EDEN Artist
    yES THAT AMP CAN HANDLE A 2 OHM LOAD NO PROBLEM.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021