Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Specter + Bart = ???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by LowEnd_theory, Jan 31, 2006.

1. LowEnd_theory

LowEnd_theory

Nov 30, 2005
    Does anyone know what will happen when i take the crap EMGhzs and stock pres out of my ns2k and drop bart soap bars and a bart pre? any model suggestions? Or does anyone know of other combos that will make my specter scream like the devil himself?
    thanks for your help
    -dave:confused:

2. didier

didier

Aug 4, 2005
    NC
    It could be great, or it may well cease to sound like a spector :crying:

3. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Yes, when I purchsed my Spector euro, I took out the tone pump pre and one of the EMG 40 dc pups (it had two of them, I took out the one in the bridge position). The 40 DC is an awesome neck pick- up, but to radical for the bridge. And as far as the original eq, the tone pump really sucked, it did not do the bass justice. Anyway I put an EMG 40 TW in the bridge and installed the EMG BQS system all dials are + or - 12DB of boost.
    treble ( with 4 position dip switches)
    bass ( Shelved at 50 hz)
    midrange (with frequency selector dial)
    volume ( when pulled out it splits the bridge pick-up for a jazz configuration
    blend knob
    18 pre amp
    OMG this bass kicks major ass over any AMERICAN stock Spector, period. So many options, so much versitlity. You can get a Jaco, or the Spectoer sound. You will not be sorry. This is the best sounding bass I have. Also it take up the space of 4 dials, I did not have to machine anything. Good luck.