Specter + Bart = ???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by LowEnd_theory, Jan 31, 2006.

1. LowEnd_theory

Nov 30, 2005
    Does anyone know what will happen when i take the crap EMGhzs and stock pres out of my ns2k and drop bart soap bars and a bart pre? any model suggestions? Or does anyone know of other combos that will make my specter scream like the devil himself?
    thanks for your help
  2. didier

Aug 4, 2005
    It could be great, or it may well cease to sound like a spector :crying:
  3. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Yes, when I purchsed my Spector euro, I took out the tone pump pre and one of the EMG 40 dc pups (it had two of them, I took out the one in the bridge position). The 40 DC is an awesome neck pick- up, but to radical for the bridge. And as far as the original eq, the tone pump really sucked, it did not do the bass justice. Anyway I put an EMG 40 TW in the bridge and installed the EMG BQS system all dials are + or - 12DB of boost.
    treble ( with 4 position dip switches)
    bass ( Shelved at 50 hz)
    midrange (with frequency selector dial)
    volume ( when pulled out it splits the bridge pick-up for a jazz configuration
    blend knob
    18 pre amp
    OMG this bass kicks major ass over any AMERICAN stock Spector, period. So many options, so much versitlity. You can get a Jaco, or the Spectoer sound. You will not be sorry. This is the best sounding bass I have. Also it take up the space of 4 dials, I did not have to machine anything. Good luck.