Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector, again!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by seansbrew, Sep 3, 2005.

1. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    O.K. folks so I am passing by GC and decide to stop to see if they have any real holiday sales going on. There was a Spector Euro lx that I had been playing on for quite a while and one day it was gone, or so I thought. When I walked in to the store today,there it was, I can't believe it its still there. The manager said he would do it for $900.00 out the door, what do you guys think? This thing looks and plays amazing, I can't find anything wrong with it.

2. Do it.

You will not regret it. :D

3. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Do it

/starsky and hutch

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Do it, Spectors are great. Just got one myself.

Though it is on the block, too great of a bass and doesn't get played.

5. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    See my gear sig below and I think you'll guess my answer... ;) :p

6. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Do it, do it, DO IT. If you don't, you'll regret it later and I'll personally pummel you to shreds! :D Well, maybe to a smooth goo.

7. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Be like Nike and Just Do It!

8. Mingus Dew

Mingus Dew

Jul 8, 2005
    Another vote for the "Do it!" camp. I got my Legend a few weeks ago and I have officially become a Spector fanatic. Also, that's a huge discount on a bass like that. GET IT NOW!

9. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Well guys, I haven't done it yet but if it is still there when I go back tommorow, its mine. That bass sounds awesome and I still cannot believe it has not sold. I can't find anything wrong with it. The neck is straight, the action is fast with no buzz and the tone is killer.

10. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    You should get there first thing...that's not going to last long to the discerning customer...in fact, it wouldn't surprise me to hear someone on this list is playing "vulture" and beats you to the punch if you're not quick!

11. psi

psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    $900!!!!!! GO4IT

12. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I am a Spector owner for the first time. I called GC because I wasn't sure if they were open today. I forgot about the holiday sale. Anyway I called and they were open, I asked if they had any promotional deals ( no intereset no payments for 15 months) and they said yes. So I asked the salesmen to go check to see if the Spector Euro was still there and he said yes. He then told me that the bass was marked to move for, get this... $799.00. The rest is history. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. *drool*

That's beautiful, and you got a damn good price. Frankly, I'm envious. :p

Congrats!

14. *drool*

That's beautiful, and you got a great price. Frankly, I'm envious. :p

Congrats!

15. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    NIiiiiiiiiiice! I'm hopefully going to be the owner of yet another Spector very very soon. USA bolt on 5er! Woooooooo!!

-Ray

16. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    How does the Spector Euro compare to the American version. I have heard that it is not that big of a step under the US model.

17. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    I've heard that the Euro is pretty close to the US models, but that the Euro LX is a vast difference...still waiting the chance to compare them though...gonna be using my "Czechtor" more on a new New Country gig, really more of a 4 string feel, so looking forward to that...

...otherwise, I'm REALLY happy you made the call and got that axe before someone scooped it up!!!
    :hyper:

18. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Meh. IMO, there's not much of a step at all. Kinda like when you see those "watch your step" signs, and you keep walking, and never notice the step. Yeah, it's kinda like that.
    Of course, there ARE differences, but in my personal opinion, I wouldn't buy an USA over a Euro because of it. If I can get a Used MIA at New Euro price though, I'd do it.
    If I had to compare it to something, it'd be like comparing a 100W light bulb to a 75W one. Are you going to notice? Perhaps. Does it make enough difference to buy it over the other? That's up to you. :smug:

-Ray

19. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Congrats, you lucky ba-----! :bassist: