1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Spector Forte 4SS Walnut

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xposaune, Aug 8, 2020.

1. xposaune

xposaune Gold Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Price:
    Strings:
    Plus $75 continental US shipping.

This is an awesome 2014 Spector Forte with Aguilar Super Singles pickups and a Darkglass Tone Capsule preamp. It can also run in passive mode via push-pull switch on the volume knob. I don't see many Fortes for sale these days and this one is a great example.

I bought it here about a year ago and used it as my primary gigging bass. It sounds great in a band/live and I got lots of compliments on the sound. It was my first Spector and I liked it so much I bought an NS-2. Since then it's been sitting more than it should.

It's walnut stain over quilted maple with a pau ferro fretboard. The neck is a D profile - a little chunky but easy to play. There is some player wear (like buckle rash) on the back that I've tried to capture but it's hard to see in the pics. There's also glossy spots around the neck pickup and where your arm rests on the body from use.

Currently has a drop-D tuner installed. I've included an older pic of the back of the headstock without the tuner. I will include the original hipshot tuner with the bass.

Will ship with an older Spector hard case that is not original to the bass but will protect it during shipping.

Weight is around 8lbs 13oz.

Also interested in trades for a good non-fretbuzzy jazz bass platform (Sadowsky etc) +/- cash. Thank you for looking.

Photo Aug 07, 6 31 36 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 07, 5 50 19 PM.jpg

Attached Files:

2. MrWarwick71

MrWarwick71 Supporting Member

May 1, 2017
    Are you interested in 4 or 5 string on trade?

3. xposaune

Sep 3, 2015
    4 string pretty much

4. MrWarwick71

MrWarwick71 Supporting Member

May 1, 2017
    Ok. Too bad. I only have 5'ers up for grabs.
    A Roscoe Century Custom 3005
    & Skjold Lions Pride 5

5. Bogun

Bogun Gold Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Seattle
    Really nice Spector! PM Sent

6. The Deep

The Deep

Jul 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    PM’d

7. xposaune

Sep 3, 2015
    Got some questions about neck dimensions:
    Nut width is just a hair shy of 1 5/8"
    The front to back neck depth using calipers at the first fret is 20.85mm. For comparison my Fender precision is 20.38mm. Pic attached but it's really hard to see a difference and get the right angle of all necks at once (also picture is my NS-2 neck).
    Photo Aug 08, 2 27 31 PM.jpg

8. xposaune

Sep 3, 2015
    Sold!

Rod Harder likes this.