1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Spector NS 2P - Helium

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by husky123, Jun 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. husky123

husky123 Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Leesburg, VA
    Endorsing Artist: Bergantino Audio Systems
    Price:
    Strings:
    So, in a weird twist of fate I'm selling my Spector NS 2P. I had sold my original one, realized I made a huge mistake, picked this one up and ended up getting my original back. Make sense?

This one has an incredible Doug Wimbish neck on it...meaning the nut is 1.5". It has a really nice, toneful ebony board with abalone inlays. These are some of the nicest inlays I've seen on any Spector for sure. It's stack with passive GZR, dual P's. It is wired all passive with no preamp and is set up volume, blend, tone, tone. If you've heard the GZRs, you know how good they sound. If you think one pair sounds good, you should hear two in parallel. It easily cops the Spector sound we all know and love plus gives you a stomping legit P bass tone when needed. It covers a tremendous amount of ground sonically.

This bass is not perfect. On the back, the control cavity edges have some soldering iron burns where the original owner had a little oops. The good news...it's on the back of the bass. Also worth mentioning, this is Spector's Helium model of tonewoods. Weight is a svelte 8.5 pounds and it balances on the strap like buttah. It's at sycamore top mated to a water cured redwood back. It also comes with upgraded Hipshot UltraLite tuners. Again, this back flat kicks ass and can bring the pain like no other. Don't be fooled into thinking it's an all passive softy. It's capable of evicerating small animals at long distance.

I'm asking $2800 shipped to the lower 48. Paypal accepted. No trades unless it's a Brooklyn or Kramer era Spector NS 2. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    JB36, japhy4529, Jeppe Olsen and 2 others like this.
  2. anton72

anton72 Supporting Member

Oh dear...if I have not just bought my new Forte Helium this NS2P would never be listed here. This bass is slammin. Glad you have your original 2P back my friend!

husky123 likes this.
  3. Ds1

Ds1 Commercial User

Dec 3, 2008
    Syracuse, NY
    Owner: Ish Guitars, Inc. Owner: Ish Case, Inc
    This is so insanely cool, I remember when this was getting built. GLWS!

husky123 likes this.
  4. gpx1200

gpx1200

Apr 24, 2013
    spencer mass
    any interest in joining the Blue spector club Lee??

5. husky123

Jul 6, 2006
    Leesburg, VA
    What is this splinter cell you speak of?

6. gpx1200

gpx1200

Apr 24, 2013
    spencer mass
    oh did you miss all the "blue Monday" posts in the spector group ? Doc and Jack and some others started their own little spin off group and I just happen to have just refinished a 2006 NS-4 in trans blue that im thinking of selling/trading

7. husky123

Jul 6, 2006
    Leesburg, VA
    Haha, that's cute.

I did see your NS 4. Looks great. I'll pass just because I'd need a NS 2.

8. gpx1200

gpx1200

Apr 24, 2013
    spencer mass
    well I have a tw for the bridge pickup that splits to a J but no 35P to put in the neck to make it a P/J but I do plan to try that setup myself some day but I would run it as a P/humbucker, I think that would sound killer but I do love the way that P sounds in the bridge position theirs really nothing else like it.

husky123 likes this.
  9. japhy4529

japhy4529 this is only a test... Supporting Member

Wow! drool

husky123 likes this.
  10. gpx1200

gpx1200

Apr 24, 2013
    spencer mass
    id wish you luck but I kinda hope this is still for sale when I get some basses sold, and now you've gone and got me thinking about selling my CRFM again!

husky123 likes this.
  11. husky123

Jul 6, 2006
    Leesburg, VA
    Bass is sold. Thanks everyone.