Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SPECTOR REBOP

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smokecell4u, Jun 10, 2005.

1. :bassist: I just took a link to musicians friend regarding the purchase of a Spector Rebop 4, and it said that it has been discontinued. Does anybody have any info on this, or know if it is even true or not?? :bassist:

2. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
  3. :
    :bassist: I hope not.Although the deals you would get on tem right now would be great. Very nice bass. :bassist:

4. I believe musiciansfriend.com already blew out their rebops a while ago, maybe last fall. I got a 4 stringer off there that has cause me to sell my other basses because I never played them. Got mine for $499 IIRC. Great bass, light weight too; very easy on the back. Ive been seeing used ones go for what I bought mine for. If you can find one new somewhere, you whould be able to get it quite cheap.

5. Dviper

Dviper

Aug 24, 2004
    New York, USA
    Check Ebay for some. theres usualy a couple for auction. i got my Rebop 5 on ebay for $455 and i absolutly LOVE it. no complaints. and i got a GREAT deal.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    +1. My Rebop was a great bass.

[​IMG]

7. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    They still make them, musiciansfriend sold all of thier basic models and hasn't gotten thier order for the DLX's yet.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sweet black ones, guys. I got my natural 5 for $500, and I don't think you can spend the money better. Of course, the caveat is that Spectors aren't nessicarily for everyone. If they're for you, however, man, them Rebops are a STEAL.

9. :bassist: I'm looking at trading my stingray for one, or maybe selling it to get one. I love every Spector I have played so far. How is the action on the REBOP? :bassist:

10. The action on my fretless Rebop 5 is set quite low- of course, being adjustable, you can set it as high or low(within reason)as you like. :)

11. Im actuallu looking for a Spector to purchase alongside a Corvette Ive been eyeing, and have a question... The only think I hate about the Rebop was the icky gold hardware on them... Does only the DLX have gold h/w? What is the model you guys have with the black h/w? Are there any other differances between the two???

Oh and, Ive only seen 5 string Rebops, just re-assure me, they DO make 4 string ones, right?

Looking for A-N-S... screw it, answers is what Im looking for!
    ~Ryan

12. darkfish01

darkfish01

Feb 11, 2005
    San Marcos, Tx
    Yes, they make 4 stringed Rebops.

13. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    I don't think Rebops have ever come with gold hardware...

14. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Rebops don't come with gold hardware.

15. But the newer ones do come with, IMO, hideous block inlays.

16. I agree on the block inlays sucking ass... I was confusing the Rebop with the Legend series. Duh!!!

Standing Corrected,
    ~Ryan