1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Spector USA NS-2 1997 HAZ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by e.rich, Aug 4, 2020.

1. e.rich

e.rich undersecretary of enablement Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Price:
    $3150
    Strings:
    United States
    10/14 EDIT: Back up for sale as I have my eye on something else.

Hi all. Up for grabs is my last remaining Spector NS-2. From early on in the Woodstock era, this US-made NS-2 is dated 9/20/97 and is signed by the man himself. The dark green is a rare factory color for the time (confirmed by the handwritten notes under the bridge). The wings are solid tube quilt maple. She almost looks black in some light and green/redish/orangy tiger striped in another. I tried to capture it with the pictures but it's a very difficult bass to photograph. Equipped with the US9V Haz preamp and a growl like a Spector should.

A few notes about the condition. This bass was the prior owner's primary gigging instrument for many years. She was never abused but has definitely been put to work at many shows. There are various dings and scratches throughout and pitting on some of the hardware. There are also a couple of decent sized divots taken out of the headstock veneer. The Gotoh tuning keys hold firm, if a bit worn. Nothing that impacts the playability or sound, though. She will cut through the mix like nobody's business.

Includes the drop tuner. Set up for Dunlop strap locks but I'll can also include a set of brand new gold Schaller strap locks that I never got around to installing if you prefer.

Will ship in a non-Spector hardshell that's seen better days but will safely protect it during shipment.

Asking $3150 shipped CONUS. Spector Club discount applies, naturally.

No trades, please. This is for sale only. Any trade offers will be politely declined.

IMG_3231.jpg IMG_3229.jpg image0.jpeg IMG_3240.jpg IMG_3232.jpg IMG_3233.jpg IMG_3234.jpg IMG_3235.jpg IMG_3219.jpg IMG_3225.jpg IMG_3228.jpg IMG_3223.jpg

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  2. bassgiant15

bassgiant15 Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Great looking bass!
    GLWTS!!!

e.rich likes this.
  3. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    I bet that bass could tell stories! - GLWTS

e.rich likes this.
  4. loend68

loend68 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2008
    NH
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses, T.C. Electronics
    You bet it could!! It was mine for most of it's life....maybe 22yrs. It has seen many a rock show!!

5. loend68

loend68 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2008
    NH
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses, T.C. Electronics
    and yes, the bumps and bruises are from me :D

Fred312b, bassgiant15 and e.rich like this.
  6. e.rich

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Lee refers to that as pre-disastered. Haha. That’s how I like ‘em too. None of the BS relic‘ing that seems to be en vogue right now. Legit battle scars from a life well-lived! :bassist:

bhoff5150 and bassgiant15 like this.
  7. e.rich

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Thanks for all of the questions. Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:

PS - the measurement at the nut is 1.635" FYI

8. Bakerster

Bakerster

Mar 4, 2014
    London, UK
    I've sent you a PM!

9. e.rich

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Still available.

10. e.rich

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    8/23 Price drop bump.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021