Squier 40th Anniversary Vintage and Gold Editions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tooned, Jan 26, 2022.

1. alack

alack

Nov 20, 2000
    Florida
    I’m not sure I’d be up for a Squier at $600. That said the LPB P looks darn sweet.

rockdoc11, prowla, tindrum and 17 others like this.
  2. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    ugh! those with the maple boards are ok looking, but the rest...

Gothic, andare and PennyroyalWe like this.
  3. Pretty cool. I kinda dig that black p bass with gold hardware. I don’t understand why some models have gold hardware and some don’t. Regardless, I probably wouldn’t pony up $600 for one.

Microbass, Iristone and thunesBARROW like this.
  4. LadyLoveStingRay5

LadyLoveStingRay5

Jul 17, 2004
    No Indian rosewood….:(.

InstantEctobass, sonojono and Dragan like this.
  5. BarqsBitMe

BarqsBitMe

Dec 5, 2021
    USA
    Many do look nice but I’d have a hard time shelling out $600 for a Squier. Then again I am ready to pay more than that when Sires come back in stock. Perhaps Squier has upped its game since the last time I owned one 20 years ago?

rockdoc11 likes this.
  6. Yeah, not really into this. I was hoping for more stuff in the Paranormal Series in the 2022 range, since there were rumours of a Meteora bass floating around.

7. Sub-hoo-fer

Sub-hoo-fer

Nov 27, 2015
    Virginia
    imabuddha likes this.
  8. You owe it to yourself to try a Classic Vibe series Squier bass next time you’re in a musical instrument store. You might be very surprised how far Squier has come in 20 years

9. Al Rivera

Al Rivera

Mar 20, 2021
    Some very nice looking basses! Looks like they want to match Sire with the block inlays. As far as price,even sire basses have risen to ridiculous levels.

10. dalkowski

dalkowski It's "rout," not "route." Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    TV logo?!? Get me to the nearest fainting couch!

11. BarqsBitMe

BarqsBitMe

Dec 5, 2021
    USA
    I'll have to do that some time. I have heard their quality has improved and that in general the classic vibe series is way ahead of affinity (which is what I believe mine was).

One Way likes this.
  12. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

My first thought was 'man they look great for $299'!

But $599? I don't know. That's priced higher/same than G&L Tribute, Yamaha, Sire, Shechter....etc.

13. dalkowski

dalkowski It's "rout," not "route." Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    Light years ahead.

14. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    I love that Ruby J. Got me thinking.

Ghastly, funkinbottom and jd56hawk like this.
  15. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    You think 600 is high? Look at the Canadian price!! Screenshot_20220126-071142_Samsung Internet.jpg

Rezdog, Ghastly, Tooned and 1 other person like this.
  16. at least the Indian Laurel looks better than Pau Ferro, at least in these pics.

17. H K

H K Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2021
    Hold on until end of February/early March ;)

GodsLove66 and Naviiin like this.
  18. H K

H K Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2021
    I am in the market for a P bass anyway. Was considering the walnut CV 70s one, but now I'm pretty sure I'll end up with one of these. Not a big fan of buying new, but doubt they will pop up on the used market near me any time soon. Can't decide between the blue or black one tho.. 9/10 basses I get a black. Been trying to break that trend.

butterfingers1 likes this.
  19. I got a Squier P like this. Great bass, surprisingly good sounding for the price. I can't figure though: why the pickguard, if it must be made from uncomfortably cold metal, cannot at least have its edges filed a bit? You really could cut your fingers. Makes me wonder ...

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022