1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

squier affinity jazz bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by samiam010203, Apr 22, 2010.

1. samiam010203

samiam010203

Aug 23, 2008
    i just bought a squier affinity jazz bass and for some reason the pickups sound very low in volume even when i have the knobs up all the way.

i had an sx jazz bass i used with the same amp i have now and when i use it the amp is on maybe 10% volume and its rocking but with the same amp on the squier i have to bring the amp up to like 50% to get the same volume.

anything i can do (or what might be causing this) besides changing the pickups (which i cant afford right now) ? thanks for all help.

2. Luckie

Luckie

Jan 1, 2010
    Northfield MN
    Theres no free solution to your low output problem.
    It'll take new pickups and better electronics to improve sound/output.
    A preamp is also a possibility.

3. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    I have not taken a meter to them, but all the SX pickups(basses) I have ever played are all very much louder than any other bass I have compared them to. SX have much hotter (higher output) pups than the stock Fender or Squier stuff.