Squier II Precision Bass upgrade pickups..and bridge?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by new_west, Sep 18, 2019.

1. new_west

new_west

Dec 28, 2005
    San Diego
    I recently brought in my '88-89' Squier II Precision Bass
    to get it setup by my friend.

So far, I upgraded the tuners with some G&L ones, which has been great.
    - Going to change the volume/tone pots to 500k
    - Switching the knobs to some 2018 MIM ones
    - Changing the stock pickup to 2018 MIM pickups

I was wondering if its generally recommended to keep the pots at 250k or would 500k be a noticeable difference?

I am also wondering if adding a high-mass bridge would make a difference with this p-bass? I do enjoy the sustain and hefty feel of a high mass (had an old MIM with a badass II bridge before.. but it was too weighty) would adding a Gotoh 201 or a Fender high mass bridge (the non labeled fender ones online) make a difference in tone or even the feel of the bass unplugged? I heard the Gotoh weighs less than the Fender High Mass and other similar bridges, which does attract me with how it looks as well. I'm afraid of potential neck dive as I do enjoy the balance of this Korea P-bass as well. I know a couple people on here have mentioned adding a badass ii to their Squier ii's so wanted some opinions on that. cheers!

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021