Squier Musicmaster Bass Vista Series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Daniel1985, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Daniel1985

Daniel1985

Apr 13, 2018
    I just bought this bass. Anyone like the stock pickup? Or upgraded pickup? If so, what kind? Thanks.

Attached Files:

Malak the Mad likes this.
  2. That thing is terrible, you should just sell it to me.... ;)

In all seriousness, the pickup is actually one of the best features about the bass. Super high output for a passive pickup. The only negative thing I could say about the pickup itself is that it is subject to that unshielded single coil hum, which tends to disappear as you roll off the tone pot. Doing a shielding job on the pickup cavity and pickguard will probably help fix that.

You should swing by here to show off your new toy! You can also find lots of tips and experience with the bass there as well.

48thStreetCustom likes this.
  3. That pickup in the Squier is so nice that I put a comparable Seymour Duncan pup to put in my '78 Fender Musicmaster rebuild. In truth, the Squier's built around '97 had a couple nice upgrades from the original Fender run. The pickup, the string through body bridge with individual saddles, and even though it's only aesthetic but the painted headstock.

Kubicki Fan likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021