1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

squier standard or affinity?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theipodgod16, Mar 25, 2005.

1. theipodgod16

theipodgod16

Mar 25, 2005
    i'm looking to get a cheap bass to learn the basics on. Are the squiers made in china better than in indonesia? also, which is which? (standard = china? affinity = indonesia?) anyone know?

2. Mind Eroded

Mind Eroded Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Brooklyn/Buffalo, NY
    www.rondomusic.net. better than squire and alot cheaper. check it out or do a search dude. :cool:

3. dBerriff

dBerriff

Oct 2, 2004
    Oakham, UK
    The Indonesian basses seem to be much better quality (solid woods, good finishing, acceptable pickups) for not a lot more money. I have an Indonesian Precision 'special' as a practice bass and it does not disgrace itself compared to my MIA Precision. Considering what you can pick these things up for on eBay (in the UK anyway) I didn't even look at the Affinities).

4. I had an Affinity (made in China) for a while and it made a great backup to my MIM Jazz. I chose the better of the three they had in the store, though.

5. Kazuki

Kazuki

Aug 14, 2004
    I have a squier MB-5 (made in indonesia), and I can say it still holds on really well :)