Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

squier standard or affinity?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theipodgod16, Mar 25, 2005.

1. theipodgod16

theipodgod16

Mar 25, 2005
    i'm looking to get a cheap bass to learn the basics on. Are the squiers made in china better than in indonesia? also, which is which? (standard = china? affinity = indonesia?) anyone know?

2. Mind Eroded

Mind Eroded Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Brooklyn/Buffalo, NY
    www.rondomusic.net. better than squire and alot cheaper. check it out or do a search dude. :cool:

3. dBerriff

dBerriff

Oct 2, 2004
    Oakham, UK
    The Indonesian basses seem to be much better quality (solid woods, good finishing, acceptable pickups) for not a lot more money. I have an Indonesian Precision 'special' as a practice bass and it does not disgrace itself compared to my MIA Precision. Considering what you can pick these things up for on eBay (in the UK anyway) I didn't even look at the Affinities).

4. I had an Affinity (made in China) for a while and it made a great backup to my MIM Jazz. I chose the better of the three they had in the store, though.

5. Kazuki

Kazuki

Aug 14, 2004
    I have a squier MB-5 (made in indonesia), and I can say it still holds on really well :)