SOLD Squier Vintage Modified jazz bass body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by cholyoke, Dec 21, 2019.

1. cholyoke

cholyoke Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Rubber City
    Price:
    Get your budget Jaco on with this Squier Vintage Modified jazz bass body, which likely came from the fretless jazz bass with ebanol fingerboard that Squier used to manufacture.

Price is $150 shipped to the continental USA.

Good: No marks or significant divots/chips in the paint. 5 pounds! It may be Agathis based on some internet sleuthing, but I have no idea. No holes for a pick guard. Fits standard Fender necks. I am leaving in the bridge and control cavity shielding ground wires that the previous owner put in. There is no ground wire to the bridge pickup rout shielding paint.

Not so good, but livable: The previous owner moved the control plate to a slightly new location, which means three extra holes in the body near the control rout (see pictures!). I had no idea until I took the control plate off (i.e. the extra holes are hidden when the plate is installed).

Bad: Nothing!

Don't hesitate to ask questions or make offers via PM. If you meet my asking price, I'll throw in the neck plate and control plate/passive electronics for free (see post below). I was considering using them elsewhere, but if that sweetens the pot...

This body does not come with a bridge, pickups, neck, strings, Jaco's mad bass skillz or anything that is not in the pictures below. The cheap rug is not included with the body, but is available at your local home depot for $10!

DSC_2065.jpg DSC_2066.jpg DSC_2067.jpg DSC_2068.jpg DSC_2069.jpg DSC_2070.jpg DSC_2071.jpg DSC_2091.jpg DSC_2092.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  2. PawleeP

PawleeP

Oct 8, 2012
    East Coast
    pm'd

3. cholyoke

Oct 1, 2016
    Rubber City
    Picture of control plate and neck plate. The screws for the control plate are standard fender pickguard screws. The screws for the neck plate are slightly shorter than the fender screws I have bought previously, but held the neck on the body. I will send them if you want them, but would suggest replacing them with longer screws. IMG_2204.JPG

4. PawleeP

PawleeP

Oct 8, 2012
    East Coast
    wait a minute caleb.. does this come with pickups?

5. grouse789

grouse789 Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Westchester NY
    What's the weight? And, that's a pretty looking wood grain. What is that?

6. cholyoke

Oct 1, 2016
    Rubber City
    The grain is pretty nice. I'd keep it and make another bass, but I have too many projects right now. According to my kitchen scale, the body weighs just under 5 pounds. The wood is probably Agathis. The previous owner told me the body is from a Squier vintage modifed fretless bass (specs here).

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021