1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

squire customisation

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by hobzeey, Aug 27, 2012.

1. hobzeey

hobzeey

Jul 18, 2012
    melbourne
    i have got myself a squier p-bass, I want to customize it with some precision bass things like pick ups and pick guards but I dont know anything about them, like the differences between squier and standard. if anyone can help me please do, i would rather know the difference before i go buying stuff to find out they wont go
    :confused: :confused:

2. Errrrr....
    The standard fender lines are made in Mexico or America, currently, while Squier are made in Japan.
    If you want a pickguard, go to wdmusic.com.
    As for pickups, do some research on brands. What kind of music do you play, for example.

3. Smilodon

Smilodon Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Norway
    I think today's Squiers are made in Indonesia. And some Fenders were made in Japan a few years ago.

Anyway, Be aware that the pickguards made for Fenders won't fit Squiers 100%. You may have to adjust the neck cutout and the screw holes to make them fit.

Pickups should be the same size, though.

As for choosing parts, first you need to figure out what you want to achieve both in sound and looks. Then you could start looking for parts. :)

4. hobzeey

hobzeey

Jul 18, 2012
    melbourne
    i was looking at some emg px pickups, i play a bit of whatever, i like heavy metal but i play all sorts

5. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

6. AntzPnz

AntzPnz

Aug 27, 2012
    new zealand
    I have done some mods to my squier have a look at the fender p bass forum got a FAIL from there