1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stand up effect???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jrohan01, Oct 3, 2008.

1. jrohan01

jrohan01

Dec 9, 2007
    Does anyone know of any effect pedals out there that can make a 4 string J-bass have a stand up sound???

2. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Even if you did actually find a pedal, don't know if it would get you that close.

1) Acoustically not similar, Jazz > upright.
    2) In most cases, strings are very different (If not guts, also nylon/silk core)
    3) A pedal alone would not do it.

3. Arco? Slap? Pluck?

I use a palm mute on the bridge and thumb the strings. I've also seen a contraption that mutes the strings, a napkin threaded through the strings and a bandana tied around the neck to emulate a pluck sound. Line 6 had a setting on thier Variax bass that electronically did that I think. If you have to have the electronic version you might start there.

4. tom e smith

tom e smith

Jan 27, 2008
    There are multi effect processors that have "dialed in" accoustic tone presets, but they sound a little cheesy, but never played them in a band situation to see how it sits in the mix. Zoom makes some.

5. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Forget about it.
    Get an upright.
    :)