SOLD Status S2 Classic Thru-neck headed 5 string 35" scale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Fred312b, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Price:
    Strings:
    NO TRADES PLEASE!!! Last but not least, listing my Status S2 Classic Thru-neck 5 string. This is a wonderful (and somewhat rare) bass that I will NOT be upset it it doesn't sell, but the herd needs some thinning.

- bass was built in 2009
    - 35" scale thru-neck (goes to before the bridge, but the bridge saddles and are mounted on the walnut center block. Has a truss rod which works great.
    - 24 fret phenolic fretboard
    - mahogany body wings, walnut center block, curly maple top
    - weighs in right about 9.5lbs and balances perfectly
    - upgraded to Hipshot ultralight tuners (I'll include the tuners it came with, but they're pretty crappy Gotoh/gotoh copies)
    - ABM brass single bridges
    - 3 band Status Board 302 eq (18v) with 2 Status "Hyperactive" soapbar pickups
    - 18mm string spacing (not adjustable with this bridge setup, fyi)
    - added Dunlop Dual Design Straplok ends in black
    - Ships in a Status Hiscox "liteflite" OHSC, which is pretty dang sweet
    - bass in in excellent condition, has 4 very small nicks in the finish, but they don't touch wood.

9Yp4ynuPSDeLLDfXVWKxmg.jpg 1y6n6tRGTIKI7maI2KoCag.jpg fullsizeoutput_555.jpeg IgarIKWLRpum8aJptbn0Rw.jpg Hl2cVLP3SpSPcIztUkDpPA.jpg vO0EjpiNStiFvH3hjBgF6Q.jpg 4IiZRLqOSlmEBmMvdJVEoQ.jpg Fxg54KIhT0G2OVqLF4gjuw.jpg 6FmhDBvGR6ezQqeePe3y7w.jpg lIJxsalGSOeK7kb5XlGSNA.jpg JgAGi8q5QZ+Z6Joc7%epRA.jpg yERHdFN1SXmurxOtOqCwQg.jpg +PU0qBnbQxC0g6afnusy2w.jpg fullsizeoutput_556.jpeg fullsizeoutput_557.jpeg OkqW0O6ETL2600b8P+mrNg.jpg fullsizeoutput_558.jpeg fullsizeoutput_5ad.jpeg

For those of you who don't know (I didn't), the bass and treble controls are standard cut and boost, but the mid knob is a sweep, and the 3 position switch is cut, flat, or boost. And the balance knob is before the volume knob. They also drive on the wrong side of the road in England, so...

Asking $2500 shipped to the lower 48. NO TRADES!!! I take Paypal and Zelle. I'm on the NW side of Chicago, local deal saves shipping $$$.

Any questions or want more pictures, let me know.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    onda'bass likes this.
  2. onda'bass

onda'bass Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Buffalo Ny
    sweet basses, had one years ago.

Fred312b likes this.
  3. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Yep- I’m sad to see it go.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021