1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Status strings in USA?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by king_biscuit, Mar 29, 2009.

1. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Where are people buying status string in the US? Also, who, besides Status, is making a set of Stainless steel half rounds, like the old Daddario? Thanks.

2. Status used to be destributed by Kaman I had several Mark King sets. D-Addario makes a few sets

http://www.classicax.com/daddario/PRISM.htm

:bag:

3. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Thanks for the reply, Otis. I didn't see the steel half rounds on the Daddario website, only the nickels, but it looks like they are still available. Cool!!

4. i bought two sets of strings directly from their website.

5. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    I've bought their strings for years directly from the Status website. Great strings. I use the groundwounds on my Fender jazz and tapewounds on my Steinberger fretless.

6. mr sprocket

mr sprocket

Jul 31, 2006
    Dallas
    I have been getting the tapes direct from Status. It would be nice to get them quicker in case something happens but the transit is not to bad.