1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Steinberger Synapse Treble Pot Failed

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by musicman7722, Dec 21, 2018.

1. I have a 5 string Synapse that I really like. Recently the treble pot has stopped working. No matter what I do it will not change the treble at all. The bass and PU selector both work fine.

Any suggestions?

Chris

2. Best bet would be to upgrade the entire electronics. Could be for better or for worse, talk to a luthier about it. I’d take a treble pot failure than a truss rod failure that these synapse basses are ruthlessly known for.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

When treble pot kaput, replace treble pot?
    Or is there another underlying question I didn't get?

96tbird likes this.
  4. No just the pot man :)

5. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Well open it up and look. Might just be a broken wire. A bad ground. If not replace the pot. $5 if you can solder. Probably around $25 if you can’t. It’s a ten minute fix.

A good idea to change both while it’s opened up.

Must still be small mom and pop music shop around you in NH. You don’t need a ‘luthier’ for this. Just a shop that does repairs.

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

I would advise against replacing electronics as a whole.
    The Synapse has a very decent preamp that will be hard to replace, since it accomodates piezo and magnetic pickups at once. It is an uncommon feature.
    Also a pot isn't much to replace. It may just be an unsoldered wire.