1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stereo Output Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Drubicle, May 1, 2010.

1. Drubicle

Drubicle

Jul 28, 2008
    Houston
    Are there any stereo output basses out there besides the Rickenbacker and Billy Sheehan signature bass?

2. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    I don't know if this qualifies as "stereo" output, but the new Epiphone Zenith's have dual outputs, one magnetic, one piezo.

3. Beginner Bass

Beginner Bass

Jul 8, 2009
    Round Rock, TX
    A&R, Soulless Corporation Records
    Some old Gretsches did.

4. Drubicle

Drubicle

Jul 28, 2008
    Houston
    ah cool! Just looked that bass up and it does! They look pretty nice too. Thanks!

5. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Yep. Probably my next acquisition.

6. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

BQuads.. Carvins from the 80s

I've owned about 10 of them.. never found a purpose for the stereo use.

Tim

7. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    The last Quake I delivered had a rotary mono/stereo switch.

8. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    The Alembic Series I & II basses.

9. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    I also have an '86 Carvin Solid Koa LB60 4 with stereo output. I've tried numerous times to take advantage of it, to no avail. There just isn't any way to utilize it. It does not provide a biamp-like sound when in use, bass frequencies are too low to benefit much from stereo enhancement and for live sound a mono signal is more uniform throughout the venue.

10. Igital

Igital

Dec 19, 2008
    Norway
    My first bass (bought it from my brother) was a Guild stereo bass. Never used the stereo feature. Unfortunately it was destroyed in a fire and I can't remember exactly what the model was called.

11. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    +1

I want an acoustic bass bad and these are cheap and sexy! I hope to get one too.

Prolly would be in front of the Zenith if it didn't cost like $2k

12. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Yup. In the picture below, the thick cable on the left going into the DS-5R is from the bass. The Monster cables coming out of the bass and treble ports on the DS-5R could easily be going to different preamps or rigs. In this case I have them going to different sides of the same preamp, then different sides of the power amp, then different speakers. But they could just as well be directed to two completely different rigs.

HPIM1838.

One cool thing about basses that are wired for stereo.....you can plug a set of headphones directly into the 1/4" jack and get full stereo sound. No amp, no battery powered headphone.

13. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Some of the Ovation Magnums (I and III) have stereo output also.