1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stick-on thumb rest?...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Claymore, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Claymore

Claymore

Nov 10, 2019
    Rhode Island
    Have any of you guys ever tried to attach a thumb rest with double-sided tape or some kind of semi-permanent glue? There was a point in my life when I thought thumb rests were dumb but I am way past that. The way I play on my Jazz (or the way it MAKES me play) is pushing me into that territory. I do not want to make permanent screw holes in the pickguard and I'm not even sure where the exact optimal location for my thumb rest would be so that's why I'd like to have a temporary solution that I could move it around or yank off the bass if I ever decided to sell it. Just wondering if this was something any of you have done. :D

2. el jeffe bass

el jeffe bass

Nov 22, 2013
    New Mexico
    A company named Zero Mod makes thumb rests that attach to the existing screw holes of the basses pickgaurds. I haven’t tried one yet but based on the reviews that I have read I will be buying one soon. Do a google search on them, it might suit your needs.

Claymore likes this.
  3. Claymore

Claymore

Nov 10, 2019
    Rhode Island
    Thanks for the tip! I also just discovered a couple of sellers on eBay that make wooden no-screwhole thumb rests (complete with double sided tape). Hopefully, it will feel firm. If it feels "spongey" cuz of the thickness of the tape, I'll probably try what you're doing. We'll see.

el jeffe bass likes this.