1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

STILL need help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass_masta16, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Ok, so I have countless amounts of threads on a new cab and head.

The head I can pretty much do on my own, but I need a cab.
    I had originally planned to purchase an SVT-410HE, BUT, my local music store is charging $400 more then I had originally scoped out (MusiciansFriend). I live in Canada, so there is no way for me to get the cab off of MusiciansFriend, because, of course, everything I want off of that site ONLY ships to U.S.

I plan to pair it with a Little Mark II (I do not own this head, but I plan to purchase it) and a Hartke 410 Transporter

So, bassically what I'm asking is that you guys (or gals) please give me ALL your suggestions for a cabinet, because I am having no luck with anything. Here is what I'm looking for...

Maximum budget - 650ish
    Type of music - Rock, classic rock, light metal
    Goal Watts - Around 250-300 8 ohms and about 500ish at 4 ohms
    Good, reliable name

Well, I don't really know what else there is, but hopefully someone can recommend me a cab :)

Thanks a heap

Bass Masta :bassist:

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    My Carvin 4x10 meets your requirements, but if your in Canada you'd have to have it shipped from Southern California.
    But its 4x10 with a red eye tweeter. I use it with a Carvin R1000 head that puts out 250watts at 8ohms. And its quite nice.

Also, if you see something you like on Musiciansfriend that you like, you might want to try the Guitar Center website, as musiciansfriend is now owned by guitar center, and I'm not sure, but they may ship to Canada.

3. thanks, ill look into that

anyone else?

4. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Look at Traynor. They make a nice line of cabinets. The new Dynabass cabinets are their best yet. Good prices. They're made in Canada. They use Eminence speakers just like almost everyone else. They've been building bass gear since the 1960s. Long and McQuade is the biggest retailer but other stores carry them too.

If I was in the market for a 2x10, 4x10, 1x15,or 8x8 that's the first place I'd check.

5. Thanks for the info

And it turns out that Guitar Center doesn't even have an option to ship to Canada

6. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    If you can do used, look for a Goliath II 4x10. Should be around $250 CN. Kills. Do a search.
    SWR's best product, IMHO---made by Eden!!!!

7. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
  8. ...I think I've fallen in love.

Do you own one? If so, whats your opinion about them, well, I obviously know you like them, but are they really fantastic?

If that makes an sense :rolleyes: