Stingray Honey Moon

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mediocrity Man, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Mediocrity Man

Mediocrity Man Master of Mediocrity Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Wantage, New Jersey
    So after getting my Stingray 4 about a month ago I haven't played my P basses or Yamaha much. I guess it's still the excitement of something new but I gotta say I'm really enjoying this bass. That signature tone although maybe not perfect for everything seems to cover classic, modern rock and pop music pretty well. I'm already thinking about a SLO special HH model or something. Two Stingrays? Why not! :)

2. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Not sure why you would stop at two, but whatever:D

Seriously though, I love my Fenders, but the MMs just play so much better!!

Mediocrity Man likes this.
  3. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Congrats!
    A few years ago I was finally able to play a Stingray, if I had had the money I would have bought it on the spot. It was simply the best production line bass I have ever played. It will be next year before I am able to buy another bass but the Stingray is at the top of the list.

4. Davey28

Davey28 Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Gaylord, Mi.
    I picked up a StingRay a couple of weeks ago and promptly put my Precision in the case, where it remains today. I thought I was a Precision guy but I was wrong!

5. Rays are something else, great basses and musicman is always reliable.
    I have an HH and I can tell you, the 5 positions blade gives you a lot of options and it is super versatile but I find myself always using position 1 (the classic StingRay mode, bridge humbucker).
    I never felt in love with my Ray, and that always makes me feel bad because it's such a great instrument... I guess it's just that I'm a fender guy... But man, there is something special with stingrays

6. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    Stingrays are definitely special. I've owned a few and unfortunately always end up letting go of them, but they have a unique voice and feel all their own.