1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stingray wide neck question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassix, Mar 24, 2010.

1. bassix

bassix

May 1, 2000
    Denver, Colorado
    Can any Music Man savy people tell me if earlier Stingray 4-string basses had wider necks than they offer now? I seem to recall that they were wider years ago, and I'm talking with a guy right now about purchasing a Stingray 4 that he claims measures 1 3/4" across the nut. I haven't been interested in buying a current model Stingray because of their skinny necks, but if I can find one that fits me, I'll get one.

2. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Hipshot
    I'm not 100%, but I think the StingRay neck has stayed the same... are you thinking of the thinner neck on a Sterling? I've heard the difference between them is similar to a P (SR) and a J (Sterling).

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020