1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

stingray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vindy500, Mar 2, 2005.

1. hel;lo i live in new zealand, and i went to the rok shop (local music store) and they quoted me $6000NZ for a stingray 4. now ive read reviews which it says there worth about 1000US so around $1600 nz i think, where can i buy these from???? :bassist:

2. blaire

blaire

Jul 15, 2003
    The land of Rice
    Dude, do you live in CHCH? I am from there but live in japan.I went into the rockshop when I was back and they had some cool basses in there. But $6000 for a stingray is a bit much!!!!! I have a stingray EX which is ASSEMBLED in japan from all american parts.Ive played some US rays and I cant find a difference between them. I got mine second hand for $1750nz. New for about $2500 depending on exchange. If you are serious drop me a PM and maybe I could help you out.

3. Stingray's in the U.S sell for 1600 new...you can get one on Ebay for 650-999 I wouldn't pay more than that....you should just buy one used...Im sure it would be cheaper that way, and used gear is great...its usually broken in, and its cheaper, you're basically getting a new bass if the owner took good care of it :)

4. hmm it all seems a bit rediculous, i live in palmerston north, maybe i shall try ebay i just dont to spend a whole bunch of money on a lemon, my mate bought a guityar on trade me (nz version of ebay) and it came with a broken tremelo bridge....

5. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    This was Vindy's first thread. Just felt like brining it up. :D :bag:

6. geez looks like i hadnt discovered the edit button.

7. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Or anything else. And never did get a StingRay or anything close to it, did ya?

8. nah, about a year later i got my cort...

9. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Haha. Did you have a bass at the time you posted that?

10. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Or the Shift key. :D

11. yeah i had my samick, had been playing for about a year

12. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Oh, so you haven't really been playing bass all that long yet? Like 3.5 years now, right?

What kind of Samick?

@RWP: He still hasn't found the shift key.

13. it was a samick p bass. same as the silvertone one.

14. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Ah. OK. Gonna get a StingRay sometime Vindy? I'm getting a Sterling. :D

15. nah ive since played them and wasnt my cup of tea

16. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I see. I'm :hyper: about my Sterling. I need the variation in my collection. :) I like the sound of them too. I've played em before. I like.

17. true, but you also like jazz basses :)

18. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Heck yeah I like jazz basses. Who doesn't.....except that one weird dude...what was his name again? Oh yeah...Dick aka Richard aka Vindy. :D :bag: J/K

I also own a P.

19. i think id probably actually quite like a jazz bass in the mix. sometimes on the funkier songs i roll to my bridge pup... just playing on my own they dont sound right at the music store..

20. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    You should get a Jazz.