Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

stingray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vindy500, Mar 2, 2005.

1. hel;lo i live in new zealand, and i went to the rok shop (local music store) and they quoted me $6000NZ for a stingray 4. now ive read reviews which it says there worth about 1000US so around $1600 nz i think, where can i buy these from???? :bassist:

2. blaire

blaire

Jul 15, 2003
    The land of Rice
    Dude, do you live in CHCH? I am from there but live in japan.I went into the rockshop when I was back and they had some cool basses in there. But $6000 for a stingray is a bit much!!!!! I have a stingray EX which is ASSEMBLED in japan from all american parts.Ive played some US rays and I cant find a difference between them. I got mine second hand for $1750nz. New for about $2500 depending on exchange. If you are serious drop me a PM and maybe I could help you out.

3. Stingray's in the U.S sell for 1600 new...you can get one on Ebay for 650-999 I wouldn't pay more than that....you should just buy one used...Im sure it would be cheaper that way, and used gear is great...its usually broken in, and its cheaper, you're basically getting a new bass if the owner took good care of it :)

4. hmm it all seems a bit rediculous, i live in palmerston north, maybe i shall try ebay i just dont to spend a whole bunch of money on a lemon, my mate bought a guityar on trade me (nz version of ebay) and it came with a broken tremelo bridge....

5. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    This was Vindy's first thread. Just felt like brining it up. :D :bag:

6. geez looks like i hadnt discovered the edit button.

7. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Or anything else. And never did get a StingRay or anything close to it, did ya?

8. nah, about a year later i got my cort...

9. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Haha. Did you have a bass at the time you posted that?

10. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Or the Shift key. :D

11. yeah i had my samick, had been playing for about a year

12. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Oh, so you haven't really been playing bass all that long yet? Like 3.5 years now, right?

What kind of Samick?

@RWP: He still hasn't found the shift key.

13. it was a samick p bass. same as the silvertone one.

14. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Ah. OK. Gonna get a StingRay sometime Vindy? I'm getting a Sterling. :D

15. nah ive since played them and wasnt my cup of tea

16. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I see. I'm :hyper: about my Sterling. I need the variation in my collection. :) I like the sound of them too. I've played em before. I like.

17. true, but you also like jazz basses :)

18. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Heck yeah I like jazz basses. Who doesn't.....except that one weird dude...what was his name again? Oh yeah...Dick aka Richard aka Vindy. :D :bag: J/K

I also own a P.

19. i think id probably actually quite like a jazz bass in the mix. sometimes on the funkier songs i roll to my bridge pup... just playing on my own they dont sound right at the music store..

20. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    You should get a Jazz.