Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stolen Alembic 5 and Ovation 5

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by pts, Sep 28, 2005.

1. pts

pts

Sep 23, 2005
    On August 2nd, two bass guitars were stolen from a residence in Upper Tantallon (just outside of Halifax) Nova Scotia, along with some gear:

1) Alembic Essence 5-string bass. Solidbody electric with exotic hardwood (Bocate) top. Serial number 99K12064

2) Ovation Celebrity Deluxe 5-string bass. Roundback acoustic, black finish with faux wood veneer accents around the multiple soundholes. Serial number 439806

3) Gallien Kruegar 800 RB bass amp head, black and grey casing, slightly bent grill gills on back.

4) Black canvass bag, with Boss DI box, Casio or Seiko tuner, and misc XLRs and 1/4" cables.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you see these anywhere, or if some lowlife tries to sell them to you, contact the Royal Canadian Mounted Police at 902.826.3100 and refer to their file number #2005-24972.

2. googs

googs

Oct 3, 2005
    canada
    I am in Dartmouth. I will keep an eye open.

3. pts

pts

Sep 23, 2005
    I appreciate that. The consensus of the folks I spoken with about this is that both instruments would be fairly noticable and traceable around here, so the thief would get noticed when he tries to dispose of them - or even more stupidly, tries play them live somewhere.

4. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Did you report the Alembic to alembic.com already? They can be a big help, as they will list the bass there.

5. pts

pts

Sep 23, 2005
    Indeed. I'm third from the bottom. Supplied the pics above, too, but they haven't posted them yet.

6. Not to stir anything up, but you said they were stolen from a residence? Was this a break-in, or is it possible someone you know made with the gear?

7. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    God I hope this doesn't rub it in.. :(... but that alembic has the most beautiful finish I have ever seen. I know this is no consolation (and i'm not a religious freak).. but karma is a Major bitch! ;) so at least u know it won't have gone unpunished.

8. pts

pts

Sep 23, 2005
    It was indeed a break-in at our home. I've never jammed there with anyone. Now, it did cross my mind that somebody I might have played with at one time took the time to find my residence for the express purpose of stealing my axes... but it's a remote chance. Simplest explanation is the most logical one - punks broke in looking for easily-fenced consumer electronics and took the axes and amp head as a bonus. Pussies left my 4x10 cab - probably too weak. The police said there was a rash of break-ins in a 10km-radius around that time.

Yeah, the bocate had a very nice grain. It occurred to me that even if they manage to remove the serial numbers and the subtle identifiers I put on it, it would be pretty hard to overlook that grain swirl.

9. Hey, I'm From NS but not in the halifax area. I'm in the annapolis Valley but I'll keep a look out. I highly doubt it came out here but stranger things have happened...

I hope it all works out!

later
    Nick

10. I work at Toombs music and my friend works at Sobers music both in Charlottetown PEI and we are keeping our eyes and ears open for you.

11. pts

pts

Sep 23, 2005
    Thanks everyone. One of my neighbours did capture and report the license plate of a shifty character that was lurking in the neighbourhood around that time. May not have been related, or the police don’t have enough to go on yet.