1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stolen basses in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Boshra AlSaadi, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Boshra AlSaadi

Boshra AlSaadi

Oct 10, 2014
    My band TEEN played the Independent last night. We parked the van on Union and Scott, and woke to find the window shattered and most of our gear stolen. I lost a VERY precious and rare 1979 black Fender fretless P-Bass (serial #S917259), as well as a salmon Roadworn P-Bass from the mid 2000's. We are an all female band on a very long tour. Also BROKE. Please keep and eye out and let me know if you see anything! Many many thanks--Boshra AlSaadi

Attached Files:

2. The Chuck

The Chuck

Dec 11, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    Very sorry to hear that! I hope you can recover all of your things.

3. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Good luck. Hope someone here is able to help.
    Let's hope the idiots who stole everything are stupid enough to try to sell your stuff on ebay or craigslist.

4. ROOTSnFIFTHS

ROOTSnFIFTHS Low-end Lover since '78!

Oct 25, 2012
    NJ to Sin City
    If your still in the area, check pawn shops. A quick sale is something crooks look for. Hopefully some of our Talkbass members from that area will keep an eye out for your instruments. Good luck.

5. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    Get your Facebook friends involved too--I read recently that many people in the SF area have recovered expensive stolen bicycles through Facebook campaigns.

6. That is some serious BULL$HIT!!!

Well... I'm across the bridge in Berkeley; and am often looking around at gear... I will absolutely keep an eye out over here, and will spread the word!

If you have any more pics of one or both basses, post 'em! ...and let us know of any other identifying characteristics!

7. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    Hey Boshra, The Phantogram camp is really sorry to hear this and we hope you can get things sorted. There's also a Lost/ stolen section in the classifieds here-
    this should be moved there at some point. Good people here...

Boshra AlSaadi likes this.
  8. Octavio

Octavio

Sep 15, 2011
    Hawaii Kai
    Be sure to make a police report. Sometimes stolen items actually get back to their owners that way, after the passage of time. Sorry to hear this, and best of luck!

9. Sorry to hear that. I had a bass stolen out of my car once. It's a terrible feel. So much worse for you guys, because you're on the road. Good luck guys.

10. VoodooJazz

VoodooJazz

Jun 8, 2014
    Northern California
    <your name here>
    Post on Twitter as well. (I already did.) there is a VERY active Twitter community in San Francisco. If you can put a list of stolen items, photos, descriptions, serial numbers on a web page and then link to that in a tweet, I think it would go a long way. Good luck recovering your gear. I'm on the peninsula and I'll keep a look out.

11. Ebelow

Ebelow Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2008
    San Jose, CA
    Sorry to hear, good luck to find or best, get back your stolen gear!

12. .
    Very sorry to hear it Boshra. Here's hoping these low-lives are tracked down and punished.

Perhaps a lesson learnt? I reckon anyone who leaves anything valuable in a vehicle is asking for trouble. Sorry.:(

I had a window smashed in my car one time. What did they want to steal? My straw hat believe it or not!

13. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    I'm 20 mins north of SF. I have a Yamaha BB404 that is not being used.

Kustom_Thunder likes this.
  14. Good looking out and trying to help

I had my amp stolen at a show in Indianapolis off the stage right after we were done in the mad dash to vacate the stage. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. I hope you get your baby's back.

15. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 vaxx! Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    Ugh...I hate hearing news like this. If I lived close by I'd absolutely let you use one of my basses. Hope your gear turns up somewhere!

16. twistd

twistd Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I am also 20 minutes from SF and have a P you could use if needed.

17. Ken J

Ken J Hartford Hot Several Brass Band

Aug 19, 2011
    Middlefield, CT
    If I wasn't so far away I'd lone you a fretless

18. Boshra AlSaadi

Boshra AlSaadi

Oct 10, 2014
    Wow everyone thanks so much. We are en route to Portland now...police report filed and everyone we know is on the lookout. That fretless was my baby--appreciate everyone's help!

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021