1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stolen :Fender Jazz Bass L97092.

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by svtb15, Apr 17, 2013.

1. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    I dont know if this is the correct place to post this. But here goes..
    Many years ago i had a Fender Jazz Bass stolen from me My 2 year old car had an alternator fail.I pulled over to make an emergency call from a pay phone at a Carvel. I came out 5 minutes later and the car was broken into band basses stolen.. I say basses becasue an Alembic was also stolen.. But my focus is on my old J bass.

.. If anyone knows of this bass It would be cool if I could get it back. IF not, it would be nice to just know where it is.
    Bass was Stolen from Oyster Bay, Long Island, New York, Carvel Ice cream parking lot while in my Honda car.
    Details.

Fender Jazz Bass
    Lake Placid Blue
    Serial Number L97092
    Rear pickup was a Seymour Duncan Stack Coil with old 80s Duncan Redish Cover.
    Screws on back of tuning gears were Flat Blade type instead of the customary Phillips type.
    Was in Reunion Blues Gig bag
    I did make a police report out way back to the Oyster Bay , Long Island, New York Police..

There was a posting of this in Bass Player Magazine many years ago. .But i figured to just tap the bass community which is worldwide at this time
    Thank you

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  2. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    maybe someday it will be found

3. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Hey man you never know. About ten years ago I saw a bass that was stolen from me almost twenty years previous in a pawn shop window late at night. It was a cheap Westone Rail and I didn't have any documentation to prove it was mine (although I clearly recognized the big chip at the end of the neck) and when I went back the next day it was gone so I let is slide. It was a real jolt to see it though. Hope you get that same jolt someday and get yours back.

svtb15 likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021