1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

STOLEN: Nordy VJ5 Modern

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by dcr, Apr 26, 2016.

1. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

071.jpg Greetings!

Please help me guys! Between 23 APR 16 and 24 APR 16, someone stole my Nordy VJ5 Modern out of my truck from in front of my home. Serial Number is 124. Has a Burl Redwood top, Spalted Bubinga Heartwood fretboard, 3-band EQ with passive tone and Big Splits. Stored in a Mono M80 bag with a couple of mikes, cables, and two Mono "Betty" straps -- one Jet Black, the other Sharkskin Grey.

Also stolen was a Ruger LC9 pistol.

Bass was located in the Central Arkansas area, near Little Rock.

Here's a link to a bunch of great pix by RockBoxBass: SOLD - One of a Kind Nordy VJ5 its a Jaw Dropper !!!*********

2. I have my eyes on CL 100 miles in all directions of LA and keep a watch on eBay basses daily as well as used.guitarcenter.com, will add this one to the list of ones to keep a eye out for. Sorry for your loss and good luck

3. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    Besides keeping an eye on CL also keep an eye on Facebook too.

4. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

!!!!WOOT!!!! !!!!WOOT!!!! FACEBOOK HAS SAVED MY BASS!!!!! !!!!WOOT!!!! !!!!WOOT!!!!

Just got a call from a guy that works in a pawnshop in Little Rock. Somebody just came into his store looking to sell a Nordy VJ5 Modern. Turns out he's a bass player and had seen it listed as stolen on Facebook. So he bought it from that f***ing crackhead for $125. He went out and posted on Facebook that he was looking for the guy from Malvern with the stolen Nordy, and 3-4 of my friends -- including the Admin for the Musician's Forum I posted it on -- immediately gave him my number. He called me and left a message, I called him back, and viola! It's sitting in the shop waiting for me to come pick it up. Just got off the phone with the police and they're handling the legal portion.

Figure in a week my baby will be back home. It's still safe inside the Mono bag, but the strap, a couple of cheap mikes, and a couple of Monster cables along with my gun are missing. BIG WHUP! MY BABY IS COMING HOME!

Funny thing...I just bought a cheap beater replacement yesterday.

dcr

bobunit, floydman, SaxBass and 3 others like this.
  5. fivestringdan

fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Great news Doug! Clay is a great guy and awesome bass player! So happy it's coming home.

6. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

In my car on way home now. He wasn't in the shop today, so it was kind of a hassle, but I got it.

If u happen to see him, tell him "thanks" from me.

dcr