1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stolen Roscoe LG-3005 cobalt quilt maple

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by brianvp, Feb 27, 2015.

1. brianvp

brianvp

Nov 13, 2009
    Hamilton Ohio
    I had a question fellow bass players. I found a stolen Roscoe database thread but can't post in it. Any reason why that would be? I'm trying to narrow this mystery down of where my bass ended up. I just want closure, I'm sure someone owns it and paid thousands for it and I wouldn't expect to just get it back. But it haunts me every day, I've never been able to buy another and it will be a while until I have 2-3 grand to spend on an instrument. I couldn't remember the serial, but I'm wondering if the guys over at Roscoe could track old shipments if I had the date and location of its purchase mid summer 2003. It was pretty unique, and the store where I bought it only had 3 or 4 Roscoes at a time. Buddy Rogers Music in Cincinnati on Galbraith Rd. Mine was the only cobalt quilt LG-3005 that I ever saw there. Plus I know the serial was something like 3109 or 4310(I just can't remember if it was 3k or 4k batch, only that it had 310) or close to it, had Gotoh hardware. In fall of 2004 All I know is that it was stolen from me by a couple of women my roommate had over for the night. I even played for them, I woke up and my Roscoe, peavey 2x12 guitar amp, and my Sammick guitar was gone. They left my Trace Eliot and Eden cab at least, but they were probably too stupid to know what the trace head was, and couldn't.lift the cab. This was all sold for $30 I later learned, and to someone I knew. I could have gotten her back if I only knew that sooner. After that last I heard it ended up at Midwest Music in Cincinnati Ohio and was sold as a showroom model.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
  3. brianvp

brianvp

Nov 13, 2009
    Hamilton Ohio
    Thanks Selta. I should have done this a long time ago, but I honestly didn't even consider this a option until it was suggested to me today. I keep looking up Roscoe basses, and any time I see a cobalt quilt LG I look it over to see if my marks are there. I had some very unique marks on the bass. I thought I would get over this, but it's been 10 years and it's like it happened yesterday. This bass was bought when my mother died, and bothers me almost as much as her death. I plan to get another just like it, maybe that would finally rest my soul. Until then...
    This YouTube link is the closest to what I had I've ever seen he says its 4621, mine was made in 2002 I think, it had the same hardware as the one in this vid. so I'm not 100% on the serial starting with 3*** it might be a 4*** series. If anyone could clarify on the serial series for 2002 that would be nice.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021