Stolen Sadowsky 5 string

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by lowB_2277, Apr 14, 2008.

1. lowB_2277

lowB_2277

Aug 18, 2005
    Seattle
    Sadowsky 24 fret, 5 string, Transparent Blue quilted Maple top w/ maple neck. Ser # 3992. Stolen in Tacoma, WA on Thursday nite, 4/10. The bass is fitted with blue neck edge LED's activated by a push/pull treble knob, as I have some vision issues. If anyone notices this bass surfacing anywhere please contact me

Tom Roesch
    425 744 9776
    [email protected]

Thanks so much!!

[​IMG]

2. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Sorry to hear about your bass...sounds like a unique one, so hopefully it will appear. If you haven't already, you might want to contact Roger Sadowsky as well.

Best,
    Marshall

3. lowB_2277

lowB_2277

Aug 18, 2005
    Seattle
    Thanks, good idea
    R/ TR

4. lowB_2277

lowB_2277

Aug 18, 2005
    Seattle
    Here's a pic

[​IMG][/IMG]

5. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Do this, and often- go to google, type in craigs list and do a search on craigslist.org. It will search the whole country at once. Sorry to hear about your loss. Good luck!

6. lowB_2277

lowB_2277

Aug 18, 2005
    Seattle
    Will do, Thanks Jerry

7. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Bayside, New York
    I think Craigslist only searches within the city you have opened at that time ???

Good luck with this and I will be looking out for this bass..

You should contact Bass Northwest as well

8. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    OT, but if you use Google, just type "craigslist: Sadowsky" (without the quotes) and it will search all craigslist sites. Great trick.

M

9. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Bayside, New York
    Thanks for the tip...

10. lowB_2277

lowB_2277

Aug 18, 2005
    Seattle
    Thanx guys, I've notified and sent pictures to all the stores and pawnshops in the area who would accept photos. Great tip re craigslist. Thanx again

TR

11. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    Tom, I really hate you have to go through this ordeal and I hope your bass is returned soon!

12. lowB_2277

lowB_2277

Aug 18, 2005
    Seattle
    Thanks Crash, this is the first incident like this in 35 years, so I am really fortunate but....damn, I loved that bass

13. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Here, this will get you a country wide search. You have to use Firefox browser though.

14. bburk

bburk

Jul 24, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Bummer! I'll keep my eyes open around town... can't miss that one.

15. Here's another search I found through the Musicman board. If you click search all, it will do the whole country....don't need firefox either.

http://www.phatduckk.com/clmm/msg.php

Hope you get your bass back!

16. jabjab

jabjab

Apr 16, 2008
    It may even turn up here in the UK,i will look for you,sorry to hear this.

17. lowB_2277

lowB_2277

Aug 18, 2005
    Seattle
    Thanks for all the good tips and concerns. This is the first time i've ever had a situation like this in 40+ years of playing out. I got a little complacent and WHAM...

Thx again for the support

tr

18. i know firsthand how you feel, it's nauseating... the gui**** from one of the bands i play in always hassles me about not wanting to leave any of my gear at the rehearsal space we share with THREE other bands (hey, they're probably all really good people, but with that many people in the mix, who knows who has access to what).. sure, lugging a 4x10 up and down a third floor apt. is strenuous several times a week but i don't ever want to go through this type of crap again... hope yours is one of those happy endings where the bass is recovered and given back to its rightful owner.

19. bottomzone

bottomzone Gold Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2005
    I feel for you!!!! I'll be on the look out in CA.

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

20. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021