Strange Coincidences

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Some people call them coincidences, some people call them small miracles, some people just shrug. I've been having lots of them lately and felt like writing about the one had tonight cuz I can't sleep.

My girlfriend never saw any of the Chuckie movies and wanted to rent one. We weren't anywhere near a video store, but we were right next to a Bestbuy so I suggested we go in there, see if it's cheap, and just buy it because we usually wind up paying more than a movie costs cuzza late charges whenever we rent something from blockbuster anyhow. If it was more than more than ten bucks perhaps we'd just buy another movie from their discount section. Sooooo... I don't know the name of the first chuckie movie and I ask the salesperson who laughs and says she doesn't have a clue (no employees in NY are from America anymore). No sooner do I turn to find the C section and a little kid is standing in front of me with 2 movies in his hand, one of them being Child's Play, for $9.99. 8 gazillion movies in that place, 5 gazillion people, and a kid buying Child's Play is standing next to me when I ask someone the title of that exact movie? I asked him where he found it. He led me to the chaepo section, there weren't any others there, and 5 minutes later he came back and handed it to me. He either didn't want it anymore, his mom wouldn't let him have it, or he found another and was kind enough to bring it to me.

I'm done.

When I remember some of the others perhaps I'll post them if this thread takes off. Please tell of your strange coincidences.
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    The Village People are on tour with Cher...
  3. JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    when you pick up the phone to call someone and there is no dial tone, but someone was calling you and you picked up the phone before it got a chance to ring. thats always sorta wierd.
  4. I run into musicians I know all over the place, and people turn out to be related and stuff. My life is full of amazing coincedences (and some pretty cool miracles, too).
  5. i had a really good one the othey day but completely forgot about it 0_o
  6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    My buddy who has recently become more spiritual see's 7s all over the place anytime he really needs some comfort and feel like he's being watched over/protected.

Its uplifting to be with him when its going down.
  7. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i truly think that everyone i've ever met knows each other :meh:

and this leads me to believe that there are actually only about 200 people who exist in my real life world, all of whom know each other and me, and are just not aware of it.
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I seem to remind everyone of one dude. Not like "oh, y'know, you sorta remind me of..." it's "you're a dead ringer for," or "Damn, that's eery. It's like, there's two of them."

I may haver a legion of unauthorized clones running about. WHich woudl explain a lot of things.
  9. Travelling around a lot, I usually see people on the street that are almost the spitting image of someone I used to know in another country...
    its kinda strange... happens to me a lot.
  10. I was having this new job, washing dishes in a restaurent, but when I came in this place, I felt like I had seen it before (which was not the case) ... I've had a dream maybe a week before where I saw the exact same kitchen with the same guy showing me how to do the job :confused:

But that's not all, we start talking together and during a conversation, I remember something he told me in my dream and start saying it at the exact same moment he does!!!! :eek:
    What he said wassomething like "hey... imagine I was an alcoholic on drugs... I wouldn't stop both at the same time, it would kill me"

Honestly, I found this creepy :help:
  11. I wouldn't noramally think anything of it, but this has happened on at least 20 or more occasions:

I have premonitions about what Simpsons rerun will be on that night, no joke. About a week ago, for some reason the image of the dancing "evil homer" in the devil suit just popped into my head. Of course that night it was on. Very weird, I assume this means after watching way too much tv and seeing each episode 20 times you develop a psychic bond with Homer :help:
  12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    yeah, can you get them out of my basement? I'm not sure what they are doing down there, and it's starting to freak me out. --the smell is horrific.

13. I think I may have a similer problem. Every time I look into the mirror, there's this dude that looks just like me starring back, It's starting to freak me out :help:
  14. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    When my Wife and I got married we went on our honeymoon to St. Lucia. 2nd day there we were talking to another set of newlyweds (the resort was nearly all newlyweds...) with the typical "Where are you from?" sort of conversation and they tell us that the day before they met another couple from the same state, they say the town they were from and it's just the next town over from us. So they were going to meet them for dinner and offer to us to tag along with them and we do. When the other couple walks in I take one look at her and instantly recognize her, but she doesn't seem to recognize me which is not unusual in my mind. I work for a big company as a Photographer so I see a large number of the employees in my travels and they don't usually take notice of me. As we all introduce ourselves I say to her "You work at Baystate as a nurse right?" She looks at me and says "No, I'm a schoolteacher, you must know my twin sister!" It was kinda freaky at the time.

15. Thats cause you're the quintessential beard guy who likes metal. I see you everyday.

Let me're at least 6'0, no taller than 6'4, and wear either L or XL tshirts?
  16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

Yeah I get that too.... I usually reply with "seems there's a lot of fat bearded white dudes around I guess"
  17. Here's how I look at it; most things we experience in life are not coincidences. We don't notice the things that aren't coincidences. When a coincidence occurs, we notice. It's just a mind trick we play on ourselves to place some mystical meaning behind it. It happens to me a lot. I'll be thinking about something and then all of a sudden it will show up on a TV commercial or someone on a sitcom will say it or something. I find it amusing but know it doesn't mean anything.

- Dave
  18. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You should get and read a copy of the book "Seth Speaks" by Jane Roberts.
  19. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sorry. 5'10!

Though, I am a L/XL (depending on the brand. Mostly larges. Working my way down to that medium.)
  20. Here's one...

I was dating a girl about 20 years ago and we had a nice solid relationship for quite awhile. Eventually we came to a point where we knew we had to part but that was OK because we were so comfortable with each other.

Of all things, she wound up moving to Hawaii and I helped her with all of the logistics involved with shipping a lifetime of stuff overseas. As a result, I was left with several boxes of books that were just too bulky for shipping. A couple of months after the move, I was going through the boxes and found some textbooks from her days in college. One of the books was a subject I was interested in and I pulled it from the box to read. As I thumbed through the pages, a single sheet of notebook paper, folded, fell from the between the pages. When I looked at it, I saw that it was a long rescitation of a dream my girlfriend had one night way back when she was in school. The description was fascinating!! It told of a man that was known to her (in her dream) as her perfect mate. She described his physical attributes, looks, personality, everything, in the sort of way that a young girl might wistfully imagine her future husband. I was amused while reading this because the person she was describing sounded sorta like me. Well, as best as I could tell from my prejudiced point of view anyway. This thought continued as I finished the first side of the page and turned it over to read the last paragraph. It was here that she described the difficulty in trying to remember or discern the name of the man from her dream. In her writing, she cast around, fishing for the right name - Al, Alex, Albert? She couldn't quite put her finger on it and she left the story at that - resigned to the fact that she would probably never know that man and his name but that he was the one.

Well, my name is Allan!

You coulda knocked me over with a sneeze. I immediately got on the phone and called her to find out what was going on. At first, I thought it was some sort of joke but she assured me that it wasn't. She finally remembered writing it so long ago, but she didn't remember any details about the story. As we put our heads together, I knew that she was telling me the truth because the paper was yellowing, the handwriting was hers but different, and she hadn't been in that book in nearly 6 years. We put it to rest.

So whatever happened to this girl? Well, she later became my sister-in-law! :eek: :D